I am in a baking mood this week! I just blogged about my delicious lemon loaf with lemon glaze yesterday, and now I have decided to whip up a batch of banana chocolate chip muffins. When I say whip up, I literally mean whip up! Because this recipe is so easy!!
There is no better combination in a muffin than banana and chocolate! What I like about these muffins is that they are not too sweet. The perfect amount of sweetness is derived from the chocolate chips. If you want to lower the sugar content even more, you can add just cut the amount of chocolate chips in half and the muffins still turn out amazing!
When baking muffins, I am always worried about over-filling the liners or under-filling them. The key to the perfect rise is to fill the muffin liners ¾ of the way full. Don’t try increase quantity over quality. It makes me sad to see a muffin who is hiding behind the liner!
Bon appétit! These muffins make the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert.
There is no better combination than banana and chocolate! These muffins make the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 + 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl using a fork
- Add the vegetable oil, egg, milk, vanilla and sugar and whisk together.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined (do not overmix)
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture into a lined muffin tray. Fill each slot about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check muffins with a toothpick.
- Transfer muffins onto a rack and cool.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip banana muffins, banana muffins, banana bread muffins,