Fluffy soft and moist, these are the best banana chocolate chip muffins ever. Prep this easy one bowl recipe in less than 10 minutes with a few ingredients.
- 3 ripe bananas (or 1 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 + 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl using a fork. Add the vegetable oil, egg, milk, vanilla and sugar and whisk together.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir with a spatula until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture into a lined 12-tin muffin pan. Fill each slot at least 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them onto a wire cooling rack to cool down.
Equipment used: 12-tin muffin pan, cupcake liners, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, cookie scoop, and wire cooling rack.
How to store: Freshly baked chocolate chip muffins can be stored at room temperature, covered with a dish towel, for up to 2 days. You can also store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
How to freeze: Once baked and cooled, freeze these banana muffins for up to 3 months in a freezer bag or airtight container. To eat, first let them thaw first at room temperature or in the refrigerator. You can eat as is, or warmed them up in the microwave, oven or air fryer.
How to make jumbo muffins: To make 6 jumbo muffins, bake for 24-27 minutes until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip banana muffins, banana muffins, banana bread muffins,