Quick and easy, 5-minute super berry smoothie bowl is loaded with banana, spinach, and a mixed batch of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Top it off with fully customizable toppings including granola, sliced fruit and toasted seeds. Your breakfast never looked prettier!
What is a Smoothie Bowl?
So, I am a self-proclaimed smoothie addict. Throw any combination of fruit in there and I will savour every last drop. But after being introduced to the smoothie bowl, I have to say that my consumption of regular smoothies has plummeted immensely. A smoothie bowl is essentially the same thing as as a smoothie except they are thicker and eaten with a spoon. That's right, you don't drink it, you eat it.
What is in a Berry Smoothie Bowl?
To make the super berry smoothie bowl you will need to invest, as its name suggests, 5 minutes of your time and 5 basic ingredients, which you probably already have in your fridge:
- almond milk
- frozen mixed berries
- ripe banana
- fresh spinach - yup, spinach creeps its way into this smoothie and you never would have guessed it from its gorgeous, vibrant colour. The colour from the berries overshadow the green spinach, and thankfully so!
- vanilla extract (optional)
- flax or chia seeds (optional)
- toppings - strawberry, banana, granola, toasted pumpkin seeds. You can add any other toppings that you like. Try shredded coconut or nuts. The toppings add more nutrients and protein to your bowl to turn it into a complete meal. Plus, they make it pretty too.
For extra protein, you can also add some protein powder into your smoothie or flax or chia seeds.
How to Make a 5-Minute Super Berry Smoothie Bowl
Once you have gathered your ingredients, the rest is easy. Super easy. Basically combine the smoothie ingredients into a blender and pour out into a bowl.
Next, for my favourite part, add the toppings and decorate the smoothie bowl. I topped my bowl with slices of strawberry and banana, toasted pumpkin seeds, and, last but not least, my favourite topping of all, granola. I use homemade granola because it just tastes so much better. My favourites are:
So... that all took a total of 5 minutes. Which basically means you can enjoy this bowl anytime, anywhere. Crunched for time in the morning? No problem, make a super berry smoothie bowl. Need a healthy work snack? No problem, make a super berry smoothie bowl. Need a filling but low-carb lunch option? No problem, make a super berry smoothie bowl. How about a dessert that is actually healthy? I think you know the answer to that!
Now go blend up a batch, it will keep you full and satisfied for hours, without the extra calories.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Mango Pineapple Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Apple Pie Fall Smoothie
- Majoon Banana and Date Smoothie
- Healthy Mango Yogurt Smoothie
Quick and easy, 5-minute super berry smoothie bowl is loaded with mixed berries, banana, and spinach and is topped with fully customizable toppings.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 + 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup fresh spinach, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flax or chia seeds (optional)
- 1 strawberry, sliced
- 1/4 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1 teaspoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- Combine smoothie ingredients into a blender and blend.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate with your favourite toppings including sliced fruit, granola and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Add extra protein: For extra protein, add some protein powder into your smoothie, or flax or chia seeds.
Other toppings: You can add any other toppings that you like. Try shredded coconut or nuts. The toppings add more nutrients and protein to your bowl to turn it to a complete meal. Plus, they make the bowl pretty too.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: super berry smoothie bowl, berry smoothie, smoothie bowl, 5-minute smoothie,