This healthy Apple Pie Fall Smoothie is fast and easy to make, delicious and nutritious, and tastes like apple pie. It is perfect for a quick breakfast on-the-go or refreshing snack to give you an energy boost throughout the day.
Make this apple smoothie in just minutes with a handful of simple ingredients. It's loaded with apples, made creamy with milk and yogurt, and gets its flavor from warm fall spices. Plus, you can customize the sweetness to your taste.
Why You'll Love this Apple Pie Smoothie
- Loaded with apples. We always pick up a big bag of apples from the grocery store during apple season and then try to incorporate them into as many different recipes as we can! This healthy fall smoothie recipe is a great way to use up any leftover apples for a quick breakfast or snack.
- Quick and easy to make. This fall smoothie is probably one of my favorite apple recipes to make in the fall because it is so easy and makes hectic mornings a little — actually a lot — less hectic. Any recipe that takes just 5 minutes to make is a win for weekday mornings in our house. This recipe is perfect for a quick breakfast or snack, and is easy to customize to your taste.
- It tastes like apple pie! This apple smoothie basically tastes like apple pie, but without all the calories. It's the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of fall. You know, all those classic fall flavours — the ones that you can smell when you imagine a freshly baked apple pie right out of the oven. I am talking about cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. So good!
- It's healthy and nutritious. Smoothies are a quick and easy way to get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables. I think that this apple smoothie is the most delicious way to get in your "apple-a-day" requirement. This fall shake is a great way to start the day because it's filling and will give you energy for the morning.
To make this healthy Apple Pie Fall Smoothie, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- apples - any variety of apple will work for this apple smoothie, but if you can opt for something sweeter, it might be better. I recommend Gala, Honeycrisp, or Fuji apples.
- milk - I used unsweetened almond milk, but any kind of milk works whether that is dairy or non-dairy. Stick to almond milk, oat milk, or cashew milk for a vegan option.
- Greek yogurt
- apple pie spices - this smoothie gets its flavoring from classic fall spices such as ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cardamom.
- honey - if needed, use honey, maple syrup, or agave to sweeten the smoothie. It’s completely optional though.
You can also customize this smoothie with other items that you have on hand. Feel free to add in some protein powder, hemp seeds, or chia seeds.
How to Make the Best Apple Pie Fall Smoothie
- Blend ingredients. Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and to your desired consistency.
- Sweeten. Taste and add some honey if you want to sweeten.
- Serve. Pour into tall glasses, sprinkle with some cinnamon, and enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How to store: Apple pie smoothies are best served immediately. If you have leftovers, store it an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Give it a stir before eating.
- How to freeze: Another way to store this fall smoothie is to freeze it. Transfer the leftover smoothie to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, take it out of the freezer and allow it to defrost slightly on the counter for about 10-15 minutes.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Majoon (Banana and Date) Smoothie
- Healthy Mango Yogurt Smoothie
- Cranberry Sauce Smoothie
- Green Smoothie Bowl
- Mango Pineapple Tropical Smoothie Bowl
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Healthy Apple Pie Fall Smoothie is quick and easy to make in minutes, delicious and nutritious, and tastes like apple pie — without the calories.
- 2 medium apples, cored
- 1 cup milk, dairy or non-dairy
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cardamom
- honey or maple syrup (optional, to sweeten)
- Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and to your desired consistency.
- Taste and add some honey if you want to sweeten.
- Pour into tall glasses, sprinkle with some cinnamon, and enjoy!
How to store: Apple pie smoothies are best served immediately. If you have leftovers, store it an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Give it a stir before eating.
How to freeze: Another way to store this fall smoothie is to freeze it. Transfer the leftover smoothie to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, take it out of the freezer and allow it to defrost slightly on the counter for about 10-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy apple pie fall smoothie, fall smoothie, apple smoothie, apple pie smoothie, smoothies