So last week we shared easy cinnamon apple granola on the blog… aka apple pie in granola form, this week we are liquifying the flavours in this ridiculously easy and healthy apple pie fall smoothie.
When you pick up a big bag of apples from Costco, you try to incorporate them into as many different recipes as you can! This one is probably my favourite because it is so easy and makes hectic mornings a little (maybe a lot) less hectic. Any recipe that takes just 5 minutes to make is a win for weekday mornings in our house!
Another reason this is probably one of my favourite ways to get my “apple-a-day” requirement is that it’s got the taste of an apple pie, without all the calories. You know, all those essential fall flavours… the ones that you can smell when you imagine a freshly baked apple pie, right out of the oven. I am talking cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom, oh my!
P.S. Thank you to my hubby for being my hand model in my photos 🙂
The best way to get your “apple-a-day” daily is in a healthy apple pie fall smoothie! Ready in 5 minutes, it’s got the taste of an apple pie, without all the calories.
- 2 apples, cored
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cardamom
- honey (optional, to sweeten)
- Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and to your desired consistency.
- Taste and add some honey if you want to sweeten.
- Pour into tall glasses, sprinkle with some cinnamon, and enjoy!