This majoon (banana and date) smoothie is a delicious and healthy, all-natural energy drink made with banana, dates, and nuts, and packed with nutrients. It's the perfect breakfast or post-workout snack. It tastes so good that it almost feels like dessert.
I first tried this Persian-style majoon date shake at a local health store and fell in love. It kept me full for hours, it's packed with energy and nutrients to help you start your day, it's healthy and so good for you, and it's naturally sweetened with no added sugar. So of course I had to go home and recreate it like asap.
Ingredients in a Majoon Smoothie
- banana - use a ripe banana for the best flavour and sweetness.
- dates - pitted Medjool dates are best in this recipe for their sweetness, but you can also substitute this with any type of date that you have on hand.
- nuts - I used walnuts and pistachios, but you can use a combination of other nuts as well, such as almonds or pecans.
- milk - I used almond milk, but any kind of milk works. Try dairy milk, oat milk, or cashew milk.
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract - adds flavour. Use a non-alcoholic vanilla extract if you have it, otherwise you can leave this out.
How to Make the Best Majoon (Banana and Date) Smoothie
- Place all the ingredients (banana, dates, walnuts, pistachios, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and ice) into a heavy duty blender.
- Blend on high until smooth, about 45-60 seconds.
- Divide between two large glasses or 4 cups, and serve immediately.
- How to customize: You can customize this smoothie by using different kinds of nuts or nut butters, adding in some shredded coconut, or sweetening it more with maple syrup or honey, if desired.
- Add toppings: I love adding in some toppings to my smoothies such as granola, seeds, and slices of fruit. Some of my favourite homemade toppings are: gingerbread granola, pumpkin pie granola, and cinnamon apple granola.
More Smoothie Recipes
- 5-Minute Super Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Mango Yogurt Smoothie
- Healthy Fall Apple Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
- Green Smoothie Bowl
- Blueberry Milkshake
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.