Healthy mango yogurt smoothie is refreshing, delicious, and healthy. Loaded with mangos and low-fat yogurt, this creamy tropical smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast on the go, a healthy snack to give you a boost throughout the day, or as a light dessert (it tastes that good!). Nothing else sounds so refreshing, especially when the weather is hot outside. The best part? Throw everything into the blender and whip up this fresh mango smoothie in just minutes. So easy!
Why You'll Love Healthy Mango Yogurt Smoothie
- Mangos have a ton of health benefits. Let's talk about mangos, since they constitute the bulk of this smoothie which means I want to know everything about them. Not only are they delicious and packed with vitamins and minerals, but they provide a huge number of benefits such as: prevents and fights cancer, lowers cholesterol, alkalizes the body, promotes eye health, helps digestion, clears the skin, strengthens immune system, and helps fight heat stroke.
- You can enjoy this smoothie all year round. Summer = tropical fruits and flavours = healthy mango yogurt smoothie. Although tropical fruits such as mangos are not always in season, there is always an abundance of mango chunks in the frozen section aisle. That basically means that you can make this mango smoothie and have it feel and taste like summer any time of the year.
- It has no refined sugar. This homemade smoothie is sweetened by mangos and a little honey (which is optional). It has no refined sugar or sweeteners, unlike many store-bought smoothies which typically contain a lot of sugar, artificial flavors, and preservatives.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this easy 5-minute mango yogurt smoothie, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- mango - I recommend using frozen mango chunks. You can also use fresh mangos, but you may need to add in some ice cubes to thicken it up a bit and make it cool.
- yogurt - I recommend using low-fat plain yogurt to keep it healthier, but you can use any kind of yogurt. If using Greek yogurt, the smoothie may end up very thick, so you may need to add in some water to thin it out a bit.
- honey - adds a little sweetness, but feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
- lime juice - you can also substitute with lemon juice.
- cinnamon - cinnamon adds a nice subtle compliment to the flavor of the mango in here. Feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
You will also need measuring cups and spoons and a blender.
How to Make the Best Mango Yogurt Smoothie
Just like most smoothies, this mango yogurt smoothie is so quick and easy to make. Just throw all five ingredients into a blender and puree for about a minute until smooth. Then, divide into 2 glasses, or pour a large glass for one, and enjoy.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How to customize: You can customize this smoothie but adding in different kinds of fruits, making sure to keep the ratio of fruit the same. Try substitution a cup of mango with pineapple or kiwi.
- How to serve: Enjoy this smoothie as it, or add in some toppings to bulk it up. Try it with granola, shredded coconut, seeds, or fruit.
More Mango Recipes
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Don't forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more recipe updates.
Healthy Mango Yogurt Smoothie
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1-2 servings
- Diet: Vegetarian
Healthy mango yogurt smoothie is refreshing, delicious, and healthy. Loaded with tropical mangos and low-fat yogurt, it's the perfect summer breakfast on the go.
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until smooth, about a minute or so.
- Divide into 2 glasses or pour into one large glass and enjoy.
How to customize: You can customize this smoothie but adding in different kinds of fruits, making sure to keep the ratio of fruit the same. Try substitution a cup of mango with pineapple or kiwi.
How to serve: Enjoy this smoothie as it, or add in some toppings to bulk it up. Try it with granola, shredded coconut, seeds, or fruit.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy mango yogurt smoothie, mango smoothie, healthy smoothie, yogurt smoothie, mango drink
This post was originally published in 2016. It has been updated with new photos and content.
I made it but had to put in a glass of semi skilled milk to thin it out as it was way too thick.
Sam Hu | Ahead of Thyme says
Thanks for sharing!
Anyone know the sugar/Carb count on this recipe...? Sounds yummy would love to try, but watching my sugar intake...
This recipe is so delicious! My friends and families love it!!!
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
So glad to hear that! 😀