Thai mango salad is a refreshing and healthy dish that makes a great summer lunch or side dish or side dish. It's easy to throw together in 10 minutes with just a handful of ingredients. Loaded with fresh mangos, red peppers, red onions, cilantro, and peanuts, and tossed in a delicious creamy sesame dressing, this salad takes mangos to the next level with major flavor in every bite. Pack it for an on-the-go lunch or keep it in the fridge as a quick refreshing snack.
Why You’ll Love Thai Mango Salad
- Mangos are packed with essential nutrients. This superfood is everything you want in your diet. Mangos are low in calories and fat and contain lots of fiber, folate, iron, zinc, and vitamins A, B6, C, and E. This Thai mango salad will make you feel just as good as it tastes!
- A blend of flavors too good not to try. There are some things in this world that were made to go together, and every ingredient in this Thai mango salad fits perfectly with the others. Red pepper, mango, cilantro, red onions, and peanuts, all tossed in a Creamy Sesame Dressing -- these ingredients are a match made in heaven!
- It’s fast and easy—and still delicious. Sometimes, choosing something quick and easy means sacrificing flavor. Not with this Thai mango salad. This dish is ready in less than ten minutes, involves no cooking whatsoever, and is so easy to make that anyone can do it. And, it tastes phenomenal.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- mangos - I used Ataulfo mangos. You can also use green mangos which are a little more sour.
- red bell pepper - you can substitute this with yellow or orange bell peppers.
- red onion - you can substitute this with green onions.
- cilantro - you can also add in some fresh Thai basil.
- sesame seeds - optional, for garnish.
- creamy sesame dressing - I recommend homemade Creamy Sesame Dressing which is easy to make in 5 minutes. You can also use a store-bought sesame dressing if it's easier. For an extra kick of Thai flavor, feel free to add in some sweet thai chili sauce into the dressing.
Plus, this Thai mango salad is completely customizable. Feel free to add in other vegetables. Some of my favourites to add are shredded carrots and cucumbers.
How to Make Thai Mango Salad
Thai mango salad is such an easy salad that you can throw together. All you need to do is chop up the vegetables, combine the ingredients together into a large mixing bowl or serving dish. Then, pour creamy sesame dressing on top, and toss to combine. Serve with extra peanuts and sesame seeds on top.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Make ahead instructions: To make this salad ahead of time, I would suggest doing all the prep and chopping the vegetables, make the dressing, and store in separate airtight containers. When ready to serve, pour the dressing on top and toss.
- How to store: Thai mango salad is best served fresh. If you have any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
More Salad Recipes
- Asian Chopped Salad
- Chinese Garlic Cucumber Salad
- Chickpea Greek Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Lemon Kale Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Thai mango salad is a refreshing and healthy dish that makes a great summer lunch or side dish. Easy to throw together in 10 minutes.
- 3 yellow mango (Ataulfo), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts (plus more for serving)
- ⅓ cup creamy sesame dressing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon tahini (or peanut butter)
- ½ tablespoon white sesame seeds
- In a large mixing bowl or serving dish, combine mango, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, and roasted peanuts.
- For the creamy sesame dressing, stir to combine soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, tahini, and sesame seeds.
- Pour creamy sesame dressing on top of the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately with extra peanuts and sesame seeds on top.
airtight containers. When ready to serve, pour the dressing on top and toss.To make this salad ahead of time, I would suggest doing all the prep and chopping the vegetables, make the dressing, and store in separate
How to store: Thai mango salad is best served fresh. If you have any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: thai mango salad, thai salad with mangos, asian mango salad, mango salad with peanuts, how to make thai mango salad