Creamy sesame dressing is a quick and easy dressing that will elevate your favorite meals. It's delicious, savory, and nutty, and pairs amazingly on top of salads, used as a marinade for fish and chicken, or drizzled as a sauce on top of vegetables and rice bowls. The best part? You can make this creamy Asian dressing in just 5 minutes with a 6 simple ingredients. Make a big batch and use it up to elevate your meals over the next couple of weeks.
Why You’ll Love Creamy Sesame Dressing
- A vegan dressing that is ultra creamy. This creamy sesame dressing is primarily made of tahini, which is a sesame paste that adds creaminess to this sauce. Which means that you get all the creaminess without the added dairy —making it ideal for families with dietary restrictions.
- Packed with sesame flavor. This creamy sesame dressing is made with sesame oil, tahini (sesame paste), and sesame seeds, which means it’s packed with delicious sesame flavor in every form!
- Simple, quick and easy. You only need 5 minutes and 6 simples ingredients to whip up this creamy sesame dressing. There really is no reason to go for store-bought when it's this easy to make homemade dressing.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this easy and delicious homemade creamy sesame salad dressing, you will need the following ingredients:
- soy sauce
- balsamic vinegar - or substitute with white vinegar.
- olive oil
- sesame oil
- tahini - you can also substitute with peanut butter if you don't have tahini on hand. It will change the taste slightly but it is still quite delicious
- white sesame seeds
This Asian sesame dressing is completely customizable. If you like prefer a sweeter sesame dressing, feel free to add up to 1 tablespoon honey. You can also add ingredients like chili, red pepper, sriracha, basil, cilantro, or thyme.
How to Make the Best Creamy Sesame Dressing
Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Shake or stir well before using to prevent separation.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How to roast sesame seeds: You can also use roasted sesame seeds for more depth of flavor. If you only have raw, feel free to use it or easily pop them into the oven or heat on the stovetop for a few minutes for a quick roast.
- How to serve creamy sesame salad dressing. You can serve this dressing over any salad, especially an Asian-style salad such as Vegan Soba Noodle Salad, Asian Cold Noodle Salad, or Asian Chopped Salad. It's also delicious in a Coleslaw. You can also drizzle it over a Rice Bowl.
- Use it as a marinade. You can also use this dressing as a marinade for chicken, beef, pork, or seafood, or drizzle it over grilled vegetables.
More Salad Dressing Recipes
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Greek Salad with Greek Dressing
- Vegan Soba Noodle Salad with Sesame Garlic Dressing
- Lemon Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.