Asian chopped salad is a delicious and colorful salad that you need in your life. Loaded with refreshing crisp vegetables, plant-based protein, and a homemade creamy sesame dressing, this vegan salad is packed with flavor in every bite. The best part? All you need is 10 minutes to throw this powerhouse dish of essential nutrients and vitamins together. It's the perfect salad to serve as a main course or as a side.
Why You’ll Love Asian Chopped Salad
- Get more cabbage in your diet! Cabbage is good for more than just Classic Coleslaw. It’s a secret superfood packed with antioxidants and vitamins C and K! Research also suggests that cabbage has properties that protect the body against cancer and radiation. So, whether you prefer red, white, or purple cabbage, more of this leafy green will be good for you.
- It’s so easy to make. Asian chopped salad is one of the easiest recipes you’ll come across. Simply chop your veggies and toss them together. This makes it an ideal recipe for amateur cooks, people who want to get kids involved in the kitchen, and those who don’t have a lot of time on their hands.
- Fresh and delicious flavor. With all the fresh vegetables and savory Creamy Sesame Dressing, this Asian chopped salad is yummy, crunchy, fresh, and satisfying. It checks all the right boxes.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this quick and easy Asian chopped salad, you will need the following ingredients:
- romaine lettuce
- purple cabbage
- bell pepper - use any bell pepper that you have on hand. I used yellow, but will oftentimes use red or green as well, or a combination of the three.
- extra firm tofu
- shelled edamame - be sure to use shelled edamame, which is edamame without their pods.
- fresh cilantro - optional, for garnish on top.
- white sesame seeds - extra sesame seeds on top for garnish.
- creamy sesame dressing - I recommend homemade Creamy Sesame Dressing. It's super easy to make in just 5 minutes. You can also use a store-bought sesame dressing if you prefer -- whatever is easier.
Asian chopped salad is super versatile. You can literally throw in any vegetables that you like. I would keep the lettuce and cabbage, but consider adding or substituting with ingredients such as water chestnuts, cashews, peanuts, broccoli, baby corn, bok choy, and kale.
How to Make the Best Asian Chopped Salad
This Asian chopped salad is one the easiest salads you could ever make. Simply combine the salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl or serving dish. Then pour creamy sesame dressing on top, and toss to combine. Serve immediately with cilantro and sesame seeds on top.
- Make ahead instructions: If you need meals on the go, divide the salad into smaller portions in meal prep containers that you can easily take with you. Otherwise, store it in a large container. If you like your veggies crisp, wait to dress the salad until it’s time to eat. They’ll get progressively soggier the longer they sit in the dressing.
- How to store: Store Asian chopped salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
More Salad Recipes
- Vegan Soba Noodle Salad
- Chinese Garlic Cucumber Salad
- Chopped Asparagus Salad
- Asian Cold Noodle Salad
- Cold Noodles with Peanut Butter Sauce
- Watermelon Feta Salad
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.