This Berry Smoothie Bowl is one of the best ways to start the day. It’s quick and easy to make, healthy and delicious, and packed with nutrients. This 5-minute snack is loaded with banana, spinach, and mixed berries, and topped with fully customizable toppings including granola, sliced fruit and nuts. Breakfast never looked so good!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup mixed berries, frozen
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup fresh spinach, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flax or chia seeds (optional)
- strawberry, sliced
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Add all the ingredients into a blender with only half of the milk. Blend until smooth, adding more milk as needed, until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate with your favourite toppings including sliced fruit, granola and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Use homemade granola: Top this smoothie bowl with homemade granola. Try my almond pecan granola, coconut maple walnut granola, or cinnamon apple granola.
Add extra protein: For extra protein, add some protein powder into your smoothie, or flax or chia seeds.
Other toppings: You can add any other toppings that you like. Try shredded coconut, nuts, or nut butters. The toppings add more nutrients and protein to your bowl to turn it to a complete meal. Plus, they make the bowl pretty too.
How to store: Smoothie bowls are best served immediately. If you have leftovers, store it an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day for the best flavor and texture. It may lose some of its thickness and get watery, but then you can enjoy it as a smoothie with a straw.
How to freeze: Another way to store is to freeze them. Transfer the smoothie bowl to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, take it out of the freezer and allow it to defrost slightly on the counter for about 10 minutes. You should be able to easily eat it with a spoon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: berry smoothie bowl, berry smoothie, pink smoothie bowl,