Easy roast lamb with vegetables is tender, juicy, and succulent and packed incredible flavour. This fancy holiday dinner is easy to prep in just 15 minutes.
For the lamb:
- 1 (4-5 lb.) leg of lamb or lamb shoulder, boneless
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
For the vegetables:
- 1 lb. baby potatoes
- 3 medium carrots, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, carrots and onions. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning and salt. Toss to combine until well coated. Transfer the vegetable mixture into a roasting pan or Dutch oven and spread them evenly on the bottom.
- Pat dry the whole lamb leg (or shoulder) completely with a paper towel before adding seasoning. Score the leg of lamb with a knife to make shallow cuts, about 1/4-inch deep.
- In a bowl, mix together olive oil, mustard, sage, thyme, Italian seasoning, garlic, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, until it forms a smooth paste. Rub and spread the mixture over the entire leg of lamb including the inside of the leg and the shallow cuts. Wear disposable gloves to make it easy to spread the mixture with your hands.
- Tie the leg of lamb together using kitchen string, if needed (to achieve even cooking). Place the leg of lamb on top of the vegetables.
- Roast uncovered in the oven at 350 F for 1.5 to 2 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 145F. The roasting time depends on the size of the leg. Check for doneness by inserting a digital meat thermometer into the center of the meat to get a quick measurement.
- Once the meat is done, remove from the oven and let it rest at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Remove the strings tied around the lamb, garnish with fresh parsley and serve with the baked vegetables on the side.
How to use a meat thermometer: A meat thermometer is very useful when cooking lamb or any kind of meat. Simply insert the thermometer halfway inside the meat to get a quick measurement. Once it reads 145F, the lamb is done and you can take it out of the oven.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Category: Lamb
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy roast lamb with vegetables, roast lamb dinner, how to roast lamb,