Wondering what appetizers to make in the fall for your next dinner party? Well, you’re in the right place! We are sharing over 40 of our best fall appetizers to snack on including comforting warm dips, baked appetizers, bite-sized appys, easy-to-assemble platters, and more.
Plus, there is something for everything — including healthy, vegetarian, gluten-free, and kid-friendly options too. Whether you’re preparing appetizers for a family dinner party, an autumn birthday, or hosting a holiday party for Thanksgiving, there is a fall recipe here for you.
Best Fall Appetizers
Bacon wrapped brussels sprouts are the sweet, savory, and salty appetizer that you need at your next holiday gathering this fall. Simple and easy to make.
Antipasto skewers with tortellini are a quick, easy, and delicious appetizer with the best parts of a traditional antipasto platter but easier to eat.
Fried mac and cheese balls are crispy on the outside, creamy and cheesy on the inside, and have the perfect crunch. Best way to use leftover mac and cheese.
Vegetarian stuffed mushrooms are a delicious, flavorful, healthy, and nutritious appetizer. Plus, quick and easy to make in under 30 minutes including prep!
Warm, rich, creamy baked spinach dip is a delicious and easy appetizer that is baked until warm and melty. Easy to make ahead and a total crowd pleaser. It's one of my favourite Super Bowl recipes of all time.
Pigs in a blanket from scratch are a delicious and easy appetizer or snack to make for your next party or gathering — juicy, cheesy, flaky, and buttery.
Bacon cheddar cheese ball is an easy to make appetizer and delicious showstopper at holiday parties or game day. It's creamy, cheesy, and nutty.
Easy pepperoni pizza rolls are crispy on the bottom, tender and chewy inside, packed with pepperoni and cheese, and baked until bubbly. One of my favorite finger foods!
Jalapeño poppers are the perfect appetizer — spicy, crispy, cheesy, and creamy, toasted to golden brown perfection. Plus easy to make ahead and freeze well.
Make creamy pumpkin hummus in under 5 minutes with a few pantry staples including canned pumpkin. It's the best healthy and delicious fall appetizer.
Skip the tapas bar and make Patatas Bravas at home with crispy, roasted potatoes smothered in a homemade sweet and spicy tomato sauce and garlic aioli.
Air fryer cauliflower bites have a crispy breaded coating outside, yet tender and light inside. They are a bite-sized, flavorful, easy to make, and healthy finger food.
Tomato bruschetta with balsamic glaze is an easy Italian appetizer topped with tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil and olive oil. Delicious, fresh and simple.
Mashed potato cakes are light and fluffy inside, crispy golden outside, and so delicious and flavorful. The best way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!
Sticky crispy baked sweet chili chicken bites is better than takeout and so easy to make healthier at home. An easy dinner or game day appy.
Cranberry baked brie is a sweet and savory appetizer you need to try this holiday season. It's quick and easy, melty and gooey, and so delicious.
Turkey and Cheese Sliders are quick and easy, made with deli meat and Swiss cheese filled inside soft Hawaiian dinner rolls topped with a buttery sauce.
Baked green bean fries are flavorful, crispy, and nutritious. These veggies are quick and easy to make as a healthy appetizer, snack, or side dish.
Better than takeout, shrimp egg rolls are a delicious, flavourful and easy appetizer to make. They can be deep fried, baked or air fried.
Mashed potato balls are a delicious appetizer that is crisp on the outside and soft, tender, and cheesy inside. Best way to use leftover mashed potatoes!
Pepperoni pizza dip is creamy, rich, comforting, and delicious. This appetizer is easy to make, easy to prepare ahead of time, and easy to eat.
This butternut squash galette (free-form tart) is the perfect little snack any time of day. Slice it up and serve as an appy before a big dinner.
Spinach cheese rolls are an easy appetizer that's creamy, cheesy, comforting, and delicious. Serve as an appy at parties, for a school lunch, or snack.
Marinated mozzarella balls is a delicious and simple yet stunning appetizer, made with fresh bocconcini soaked in olive oil, garlic, and fresh herbs.
Marinara sauce is rich, vibrant, and loaded with flavor. It’s easy to make with a few simple fresh ingredients. Serve as a dip or in pasta and pizza.
Whipped ricotta crostini is a fancy easy appetizer to make in just minutes or prepare in advance and assemble before serving. A total crowd pleaser.
Candied pecans are a delicious, crunchy, and sweet snack during the holidays or great topped on salads and more. Made with five pantry staple in 10 minutes.
Homemade tater tots with bacon are golden and crispy on the outside, yet soft and tender inside. They're packed with flavour and a total family favourite.
This homemade veggie tray is a quick easy healthy snack or appetizer to make for your next party, with a variety of colorful vegetables and delicious dips.
Garlic knots are fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and topped with delicious savory garlic herbed butter that will have you begging for more.
Whipped feta is light, airy, and fluffy. It's an easy yet impressive recipe that takes only 5 minutes to make in a blender with 3 simple ingredients.
Yellow curry mussels are the epitome of delicious seafood - creamy, spicy, and savory. This flavourful one pot dish is quick + easy to make in 25 minutes.
Classic deviled eggs are a simple, easy, and healthy appetizer to make when you need something quick for brunch, picnics, barbecues, potlucks, or Easter.
Whipped feta crostini with a herby olive topping is quick and easy snack or appetizer that is ready in less than 20 minutes — or 10 minutes if you’re fast.
Smooth and creamy pesto hummus is a healthy, delicious and flavourful dip that is easy to make in just 5 minutes. It's vegan and gluten-free.
Bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are crispy on the outside, creamy and cheesy inside, spicy, and wrapped in bacon. Easy to make in the air fryer or oven.
Olive tapenade is a delicious, flavorful, easy dip that comes together in minutes, made with the perfect combination of sharp, tangy, salty, and savory.
Smooth creamy roasted red pepper hummus is a delicious, flavourful, vegan + gluten-free dip. This healthy appetizer is easy to make with a few ingredients.
Crunchy, cheesy, and paired with an awesome dipping sauce, these baked mozzarella sticks are just as amazing as what you would find in a restaurant.
Caramelized onion dip is creamy, flavorful, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. This easy appetizer is perfect for entertaining, on game day, or for a snack.
Smoked salmon and cream cheese cracker bites are topped with cucumber and argula to make the perfect bite-size snacks.
More Appetizer Recipes
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Appetizers
- 30 Best Christmas Appetizers
- 40 New Year's Eve Appetizers
- 50 Best Finger Foods
- 20 Best Dip Recipes
- 50 Best Healthy Snacks
- 30 Best Easter Appetizers
Fall Dinner Party Tips
- Plan your menu ahead of time. You can prepare some of these fall appetizers in advance. Some can stored in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature or in the refrigerator, and some can even be frozen, according to recipe directions.
- Prep your ingredients as much as possible. Once you have decided on the dishes to serve at your fall dinner party, prepare as much as you can in advance, whether that is chopping ingredients or prepping the dish and storing in the refrigerator until ready for the oven. Any little bit that you can prepare in advance will make things much less stressful when you are preparing dinner.
- Set the table the night before. Take out the fancy dinnerware, flatware, glasses, placemats, and napkins and set the table the night before. It's one less thing to worry about on the day of your party.
Did You Make Any of These Fall Appetizers?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of fall appetizer recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Looking for appetizers to make in the fall? Here's over 40 best fall appetizers including warm dips, baked appetizers, bite-sized appys, platters, and more. One of my favorites is this Charcuterie Board.
- 2-3 (½ cup each) dips and spreads (such as hummus, whipped feta, whipped ricotta, jam)
- ⅓ cup olives and antipasti
- 2-3 varieties of cheese (both soft cheese and hard cheese)
- assorted crackers and/or bread (such as pita chips, artisan crackers, breadsticks, mini french baguettes).
- 200 grams cured meats (such as salami, prosciutto, pepperoni)
- 1-2 fruit (such as grapes, figs, pomegranate, berries)
- ½ cup nuts
- On a large platter, arrange the items that are in a bowl (these are your dips, jam, antipasti and olives), spacing them apart from each other in a non-symmetrical pattern.
- Arrange the cheese around the bowls, also spacing them away from each other to keep things pleasing to the eyes.
- Arrange the cured meats around the bowls and cheese. You can use your hands to roll up the meat to create an aesthetically pleasing texture.
- Arrange the crackers and bread in gaps (also keeping them apart from each other).
- Fill any large gaps with fruit, and all remaining gaps with nuts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: best fall appetizers, fall appetizers, what appetizers to make in the fall