Cranberry baked brie is a sweet and savory appetizer, perfect for the holiday season. This festive cheese dip is the fastest and easiest dip you will ever make. Buttery brie is baked until melty and gooey, topped with sweet cranberry sauce and chopped pecans, and served with crackers, bread, or fruit for major dipping. It's gorgeous and delicious, yet so simple. You need to try it this fall and winter season. All it takes is about 10 minutes.
Why You’ll Love Cranberry Baked Brie
- The best soft and gooey texture. When this cranberry baked brie is fresh out of the oven, it’s warm, melted, and gooey. It has the best texture that is perfect for scooping up with a cracker or toasted crostini. Brie is already a soft cheese, and when it starts to cool down a little, it becomes so spreadable. The texture either way is so good.
- Filled with warm and cozy holiday flavor. I love cranberry anything. And this cranberry baked brie is no exception. With just a couple of ingredients, it's full of holiday flavors. It's the perfect festive appetizer to serve on Thanksgiving and Christmas. But, you might love it so much that you’ll crave it all year round!
- Perfect for any meal. This cranberry baked brie is best all any time. It tastes great when served as an easy appetizer with dinner, as a snack on game day, to satisfy a late-night craving, or even served alongside a light lunch or brunch. Seriously. Spread it on toast and enjoy. Or include it on your next cheese and charcuterie boards. No matter how or when you serve it, it's likely that there won't be any leftovers.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this festive cranberry baked brie, you will need just 2-3 ingredients (full quantities in the recipe card below):
- brie - you want the brie to be cold so that it doesn't overly bake resulting in cheese oozing out of the cheese before you are done baking. You can even place the brie in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before baking to get it really cold. In this case, you won't need to wait for the cheese to rest for 5 minutes before transferring it.
- cranberry sauce - You can use homemade or store-bought cranberry sauce, whatever is easier! I used my easy 10-minute cranberry sauce. It's a great way to use up any leftover cranberry sauce after a holiday meal.
- walnuts - nuts are optional but add a great complimentary flavor and texture. You can substitute with pecans, candied pecans, or pistachios.
This baked brie with cranberry sauce is totally customizable. You can substitute or add in your favorite toppings such as honey, maple syrup, jam, and fresh rosemary.
How to Make the Best Cranberry Baked Brie
- Bake the brie. Place brie on a parchment-lined quarter sheet baking pan and bake in a 400F preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes before transferring (for easier transfer).
- Add toppings. Carefully transfer the brie to a serving dish (or transfer it with the parchment paper), and evenly top with cranberry sauce, leaving a ½-inch margin around the edges. Sprinkle walnuts on top (optional).
- Serve. Serve with crackers, pita bread, breadsticks, and/or fruit.
TIP: Alternatively, you can add the cranberry sauce halfway through baking and place the brie back in the oven. This will give a messier look with the cranberry sauce dripping down the sides.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How long does it stay melted: Once baked and gooey, it will stay that way for about 10-15 minutes. You can still enjoy it with a knife but to get it back to a melty gooey stage, you will need to reheat it.
- How to store: Allow the baked brie to cool to room temperature (if it hasn’t already). Then, place in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. Although brie will be safe to eat for up to a week, it’s best enjoyed within 2-4 days when the flavor and texture are still preserved.
- How to reheat: You can reheat baked brie in a preheated 300F oven for 15 minutes. Only portion as much brie as you intend on eating because reheating the brie multiple times will affect its texture. Also not that reheating will be messy and the cheese will ooze out onto the parchment paper since it has been cut through already. You can also reheat it in the microwave in 10-20 second increments until warm and gooey.
More Cranberry Sauce Recipes
- Make Ahead Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Sauce Oat Bars
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins
- Cranberry Sauce Swirl Pound Cake
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.