Don't know what to do with all those leftovers after your Thanksgiving feast? Well, you don't need to throw away that delicious cranberry sauce because there is a genius solution. Turn that sauce into delicious, leftover cranberry sauce muffins with an oat streusel topping and enjoy it for breakfast or dessert the next day! I told you it was genius.
I made these muffin using muffin/cupcake liners, but I always find that so much good stuff gets stuck to the liner. A solution is to spray the muffin tray generously with oil and forgo the liners.
What is an oat streusel topping?
Umm... basically it's the best thing that has ever happened to a muffin! An oat streusel topping is a mixture of flour, butter, sugar and oats which turns your muffins from regular muffins into decadent, bakery-quality muffins. You know, the kind of muffins which you only want to eat the crumbly top, throw out the rest and order another one, just to eat another top. Save this streusel recipe and use it to top off all your favourite coffee cake, muffin and pie recipes.
Don't throw away that leftover cranberry sauce, instead turn it into delicious, leftover cranberry sauce muffins with an oat streusel topping and enjoy for breakfast or dessert!
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups leftover homemade cranberry sauce
Oat Streusel Topping (optional, but highly recommended) :
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line 12-cup muffin tray with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the milk, egg and vanilla and stir to combine. This mixture will be lumpy.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and give it a couple stirs. Do not fully combine.
- Add in the cranberry sauce and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin liners. Fill each cup about 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oat streusel topping ingredients until combined and crumbly. Sprinkle a spoonful on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Easy Make-Ahead Cranberry Sauce
To make these muffins, use my easy homemade cranberry sauce.