Once Thanksgiving is over, the focus turns to those leftovers! There is only so many classic turkey dinners that you can consume in a week. Put those leftovers to good use and make this delicious and festive, leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce. This stuff is drool-worthy good.
It's the right amount of comfort in a hand-held serving. We are talking the best ingredients:
- holiday turkey
- cranberry sauce
- your favourite bread
- your favourite cheese
- your favourite greens
Basically, all the good stuff!
Sandwiches kind of rule my lunch life. But this sandwich has slowly creeped into a viable dinner option. I mean you can make this leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce in literally 10 minutes. It's so easy that you can prepare this with your eyes practically closed! Hello, busy weeknights!
Looking for comfort food in a hand-held serving? Well, put those leftovers to good use and make leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce!
- 2 slices of your choice of bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 slice of cheese (try Swiss cheese or provolone cheese)
- 1/2 cup leftover roasted turkey, sliced or shredded
- 2 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup salad greens or lettuce
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- Spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread and top with cheese.
- Top up with turkey, cranberry sauce, and greens.
- Add the remaining slice of bread.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat until melted. Place the sandwich on top and grill each side for 2-3 minutes until bread is lightly browned and cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat, cut in half and serve!
- Category: Lunch