Cranberry sauce swirl pound cake is my newest favourite way to use up any leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving, or a pretty good reason to whip up a fresh batch of cranberry sauce for. This vanilla pound cake is super moist and tender, with layered swirls of cranberry sauce for a sweet and tangy burst of flavour. You won't believe how easy it is to prep this showstopper treat in 10 minutes.
This cranberry sauce swirl pound cake is perfect for dessert after your holiday meal, alongside brunch, or even as a mid-day snack. I love using leftover cranberry sauce in baking because it just makes everything that much more festive, like my cranberry sauce oat bars or leftover cranberry sauce muffins. Both also highly recommended.
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder - adds lift.
- full-fat Greek yogurt - this is the secret ingredient for keeping the cake extra moist.
- cranberry sauce - for the beautiful cranberry sauce layer.
- sugar - adds some sweetness.
- eggs - adds flavour, lift and structure.
- vegetable oil - also keeps the cake moist.
- vanilla extract
How to Make the Best Cranberry Sauce Swirl Pound Cake
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 1 lb. loaf pan (8x4 inches). You want the parchment paper larger on the 2 longer sides of the pan so that you can easily pull it out when baked. Lining the pan this way will help easily remove the cake out of the pan after baking.
- Combine dry ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, and sugar, and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in oil and vanilla extract and continue to beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients: Gradually add in the dry ingredients and beat until just combined (about 30-60 seconds). Do not overmix.
- Assemble: Pour half the batter into lined loaf pan. Then scoop 2-3 dollops of cranberry sauce (half the sauce), and pour the remaining batter on top. Add the remaining cranberry sauce on top in a few dollops. Use a toothpick to give it a few swirls.
- Bake: Bake for 60-70 minutes, until the edges are browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool: Place pan on a wire cooling rack and allow the loaf to cool in the pan for an hour. Then, remove loaf from the pan and allow it to cool on a wire rack for another hour or two, until completely cooled.
How to Store Cranberry Cake
- At room temperature or in the refrigerator: Cranberry sauce swirl pound cake stays moist and fresh for days at room temperature for up to 2 days, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or stored in a large ziploc bag. Or tightly wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- In the freezer: You can freeze this cranberry cake for up to 3 months, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
More Cranberry Recipes
- Easy Make Ahead Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Sauce Oat Bars
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins
- Cranberry Scones with Orange Glaze
- Soft and Chewy White Chocolate Cranberry Walnut Cookies
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.