There is absolutely nothing better than a warm, fresh-from-the-oven cookie! These soft and chewy white chocolate cranberry walnut cookies are beyond simple to prepare, and even easier to watch disappear!
These cookies are so festive, they make the perfect cookie for a holiday bake sale or party. But to be honest, I make these pretty much all year round because who doesn't like white chocolate, walnuts and cranberries? This flavour combo is just amazing. You've got sweetness from the white chocolate, a slightly crunch from the walnuts, and the perfect tangy bite from the dried cranberries. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love these.
Plus, I love how tall and chewy they are, instead of thin, crispy and brittle. That's a huge win in my books.
What else makes these soft and chewy white chocolate cranberry walnut cookies amazing? Well, as I mentioned, they are beyond simple to prepare. They take literally 5 to 10 minutes to prepare (basically while the oven is preheating anyways) and 15 minutes to bake. Yup, 15 minutes. When you are craving a delicious treat, nothing else is on your mind than taking that first bite. Time matters!!
You can also make these cookies larger by using 3 tablespoons instead of 2 per cookie, and let them cook 1 minute longer. I like them a little smaller (because then I can eat more, right?). Either way, I think these are going to find a permanent home in my kitchen because I already want to make them again!
Soft and chewy white chocolate cranberry walnut cookies are beyond simple to prepare and make the perfect holiday treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment fitted, mix together the brown sugar, sugar, and cooled, melted butter until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, then mix for 1 minute more. Scrape down the sides, then mix again. With the mixer running on low, add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the cranberries, walnuts, and white chocolate chips. Roll out cookies into balls using about 2 tablespoons dough for each, then place 2 inches apart on a parchment or silpat-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the tray about halfway through cook time.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes further.
If you prefer larger cookies, use 3 tablespoons instead of 2 per cookie, and let them cook 1 minute longer.
- Category: Dessert