Soft and chewy white chocolate cranberry walnut cookies are beyond simple to prepare and make the perfect holiday treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment fitted, mix together the brown sugar, sugar, and cooled, melted butter until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, then mix for 1 minute more. Scrape down the sides, then mix again. With the mixer running on low, add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the cranberries, walnuts, and white chocolate chips. Roll out cookies into balls using about 2 tablespoons dough for each, then place 2 inches apart on a parchment or silpat-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the tray about halfway through cook time.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes further.
If you prefer larger cookies, use 3 tablespoons instead of 2 per cookie, and let them cook 1 minute longer.
- Category: Dessert