Cranberry baked brie is a sweet and savory appetizer you need to try this holiday season. It's quick and easy, melty and gooey, and so delicious.
- one 8-ounce round brie, cold
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a quarter sheet baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place brie on top of the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes before transferring (for easier transfer).
- Carefully transfer the brie to a serving dish (or transfer it with the parchment paper), and evenly top with cranberry sauce, leaving a 1/2-inch margin around the edges.
- Alternatively, you can add the cranberry sauce halfway through baking and place the brie back in the oven (for a messier look with the cranberry sauce dripping down the sides).
- Sprinkle walnuts on top (optional), and serve with crackers, pita bread, breadsticks, and/or fruit.
How long does it stay melted: Once baked and gooey, it will stay that way for about 10-15 minutes. You can still enjoy it with a knife but to get it back to a melty gooey stage, you will need to reheat it.
How to store: Allow the baked brie to cool to room temperature (if it hasn’t already). Then, place in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. Although brie will be safe to eat for up to a week, it’s best enjoyed within 2-4 days when the flavor and texture are still preserved.
How to reheat: You can reheat baked brie in a preheated 300F oven for 15 minutes. Only portion as much brie as you intend on eating because reheating the brie multiple times will affect its texture. Also not that reheating will be messy and the cheese will ooze out onto the parchment paper since it has been cut through already. You can also reheat it in the microwave in 10-20 second increments until warm and gooey.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry baked brie, baked brie with cranberry sauce, cranberry sauce baked brie, holiday appetizer, christmas appetizer, baked brie recipe