If you have feta cheese at home, you need to try this whipped feta crostini right now. Light and airy whipped feta is smeared on toasted slices of French bread with a herby olive topping. Ready in less than 20 minutes — only 10 minutes if you’re fast in the kitchen and don’t count oven preheating time — this whipped feta crostini is a quick snack or appetizer that will impress you (and everyone else) every time you make it. Plus, you can make it your own by using store-bought crackers and unique garnishes!
Why You’ll Love Whipped Feta Crostini
- The flavor of feta cheese. As we all know, feta cheese is one of the best cheeses around. It’s uniquely tangy and sharp yet soft and crumbly. Whipped into whipped feta, and paired with olives and parsley on a toasted baguette, it’s flavor just shines through.
- The light, airy texture. Feta is amazing, but whipped feta is next level. Blended with Greek yogurt and olive oil, this whipped feta is incredibly light and fluffy—perfect for spreading on a fresh, warm toasted crostini.
- The possibilities are endless. We pair this whipped feta crostini with olives and parsley, but you’re not locked into those flavors. This recipe also tastes amazing with anything else that pairs with feta.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this easy whipped feta crostini, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in the recipe card below):
- french baguette - you can substitute this with any long crusty bread such as Italian bread.
- whipped feta - made in minutes using feta cheese, Greek yogurt, and olive oil. You could also use store-bought whipped feta if that is easier.
- pitted olives - you can use any kind of olives. I used a mixture of pitted green olives and kalamata olives.
- fresh parsley - to sprinkle on top. Feel free to substitute with your favorite fresh herb.
This whipped feta crostini is topped with olives and parsley, but you can completely customize it to your liking. Consider adding:
- tomatoes and other vegetables
- sliced apples or other fruit
- dried cranberries and pistachios.
How to Make the Best Whipped Feta Crostini
- Toast the baguette. Preheat oven to 350 F. Arrange sliced bread in a single layer on a large half sheet baking pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes until toasted.
- Make whipped feta. Combine feta, Greek yogurt, and olive oil in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Assemble. Add a large spoonful of whipped feta onto each toasted sliced bread. Top with a spoonful of olives and a sprinkle of parsley.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- A quicker alternative: To make this recipe even faster and easier, consider using pita chips or crackers. Then, all you need to do is whip your feta, smear it on, too it with olives, and enjoy!
- How to store: Store whipped feta and toasted crostini separately. Whipped feta will keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container. Store toasted crostini at room temperature in a sealed bag or container after you allow it to cool completely. You could store assembled crostini but it will start getting soggy the longer it’s stored.
More Crostini Recipes
- Tomato Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze
- Whipped Ricotta Crostini
- Fig Crostini with Goat Cheese and Pistachios
- Curried White Bean Crostini with Toasted Pepitas
- Whipped Ricotta Crostini
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.