Make your own classic hummus in one simple step. Combine all your ingredients into a blender or food processer and witness the magic right before your eyes. It really doesn’t get any easier than that!
I am a huge hummus addict. So when I discovered how to make my own, it was a huge awakening! Sure, you can go to the store and buy a pre-made container of hummus, but nothing compares to homemade. Plus, those tiny containers of this stuff is expensive! So, I saved lots of money by making my own and I can make as big or small a batch as I want! Now that you can see how easy it is to make, you really shouldn’t have any excuses!
This recipe can be used as a basis for any type of hummus you want to make. Add different ingredients and seasonings to adjust the flavour to suit your taste buds. Here are some ways to make different types of hummus:
- Roasted red pepper hummus: add a roasted red pepper
- Sun-dried tomato hummus: add some sun-dried tomatoes
- Pesto hummus: add pesto and grated parmesan cheese
- Avocado hummus: add avocado, cilantro and lemon juice
- Greek hummus: add feta cheese and spinach.
Serve this with a side of pita chips or veggies and munch away!
Tip: Hummus lasts about a week to 10 days in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also freeze any extra that you make and enjoy it at a later date!
Make your own classic hummus in one simple step and witness the magic right before your eyes. This creamy and smooth dip is ideal as a healthy snack or appy.
- 1 19-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup tahini sesame paste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- juice of one medium lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Process everything until well blended and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and drizzle some olive oil on top. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika as well.
Don’t know what to do with your left-over hummus?
- Make a Vegan Hummus Wrap!
- Host a Super Bowl party and serve it along with these 5 Easy Super Bowl Appetizers.