Whip up smooth and creamy classic hummus dip at home in just 5 minutes, by combining chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in the blender.
- 1 (400 ml) can chickpeas, drained (reserve 5 tablespoons of the liquid and some chickpeas for garnish)
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame paste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- roasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place chickpeas, reserved liquid, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and salt, in a blender or food processor. Puree until well blended and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and drizzle some olive oil on top. Garnish with reserved chickpeas (as is or roasted), roasted sesame seeds and a sprinkle of paprika.
How to roast chickpeas for the topping: Toss in some olive oil, and roast in the air fryer at 350 F for 5-8 minutes. You can also bake them in the oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: hummus, hummus dip, chickpea dip, tahini dip, creamy hummus