Bacon wrapped brussels sprouts are the sweet, savory, and salty appetizer that you need at your next holiday gathering this fall. With crisp bacon wrapped around tender brussels sprouts, and a maple glaze slathered on top, these delicious brussels sprouts bacon bites are a crowd pleaser that never lasts long (so make a double batch!). The best part? They are so simple and easy to make that you don't have to wait for a special occasion like Thanksgiving to make them. Which explains why they have been on repeat at our home all season long.
Why You'll Love Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- It's wrapped in bacon. Roasted Brussels Sprouts are one of my favorite sides, and they become better immediately when you add bacon to the mix. It's safe to say that wrapping anything in bacon makes it better.
- Easy and simple. It’s super easy to make but doesn’t seem like it. Made with just 2 main ingredients, this is a great appetizer to impress guests because it seems complex but takes little effort. Ten minutes of prep work and 25-30 minutes in the oven, and you’ve got an amazing appy to serve.
- They are loaded with flavor. With the salty bacon and sweet maple glaze, these bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts give you so much flavor in every bite, even with just a few ingredients. It's sweet and salty heaven.
- You get your veggies in. Even though this dish is incredibly indulgent, it still gets those essential servings of vegetables into your diet. Brussels sprouts are an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, and fiber.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make these delicious bacon wrapped brussels sprouts, you will need this following ingredients (full quantities in the recipe card below):
- bacon strips - feel free to use your favorite bacon for this recipe, but try to avoid getting thick-cut bacon which will take much longer to cook.
- brussels sprouts
- maple syrup
- black pepper
How to Make the Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Assemble. Cut each bacon strip in half crosswise (about 5-inches long). Wrap each strip around each brussels sprout. Secure each wrapped brussels sprout with a toothpick and place on a parchment-lined quarter sheet baking pan.
- Bake. Brush the wrapped brussels sprouts with maple syrup and sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Bake in a 375F preheated oven until crispy to your desired level of crispiness, about 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Air Fryer Instructions: Place the wrapped brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 375F for 13-15 minutes until the bacon is browned and crispy.
PRO TIP. How you wrap your bacon will determine how it cooks. If you like crispy bacon, wrap loosely, leaving some space between the strips as you go around. If you prefer chewier bacon, wrap tightly and overlap a little.
- Wrapping the bacon: How you wrap your bacon will determine how it cooks. If you like crispy bacon, wrap loosely, leaving some space between the strips as you go around. If you prefer chewier bacon, wrap tightly and overlap a little.
- How to store: Store leftover bacon wrapped brussels sprouts in the refrigerator for up to three days. Before placing in an airtight container, allow the brussels sprouts to cool to room temperature. This will ensure they don’t get soggy.
- How to reheat: Reheat in a 350 F preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until warm and crispy. You can also reheat in the air fryer at 350F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Creamy Brussels Sprouts Bake
- Crispy Roasted Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Harvest Vegetables
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.