Bacon wrapped brussels sprouts are the sweet, savory, and salty appetizer that you need at your next holiday gathering this fall. Simple and easy to make.
- 1 package (9 slices) bacon strips
- 18 brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut each bacon strip in half crosswise (about 5-inches long). Wrap each strip around each brussels sprout. Secure each wrapped brussels sprout with a toothpick and place on a parchment-lined quarter sheet baking pan.
- Brush the wrapped brussels sprouts with maple syrup and sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Bake until crispy to your desired level of crispiness, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Wrapping the bacon: How you wrap your bacon will determine how it cooks. If you like crispy bacon, wrap loosely, leaving some space between the strips as you go around. If you prefer chewier bacon, wrap tightly and overlap a little.
Air fryer instructions: Place the wrapped brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 375F for 13-15 minutes until the bacon is browned and crispy.
How to store: Store leftover bacon wrapped brussels sprouts in the refrigerator for up to three days. Before placing in an airtight container, allow the brussels sprouts to cool to room temperature. This will ensure they don’t get soggy.
How to reheat: Reheat in a 350 F preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until warm and crispy. You can also reheat in the air fryer at 350F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon wrapped brussels sprouts, brussels sprouts wrapped with bacon, brussels sprouts appetizer, fall appetizer