One pan roasted harvest vegetables with butternut squash, brussels sprouts and baby potatoes is the ultimate fall side dish. It's so easy to prep in just minutes. Simply throw all the ingredients into a sheet pan, toss with seasoning and roast, which means that you only have one dish to clean. AND you can customize the recipe with whatever vegetables that you have on hand. It's the perfect stress-free side to serve at your holiday meal.
It's never too early to start prepping your Thanksgiving holiday meal, especially when it comes to side dishes, since there are so many that you can choose from. Some of my favourites that we make every year, in addition to these vegan and gluten-free fall harvest roasted vegetables, are creamy mashed potatoes, cranberry walnut apple stuffing, and nutty green beans.
- butternut squash - 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes. You can also use pre-cut butternut squash that is readily available at grocery stores this time of year. This will cut down your prep time significantly.
- brussels sprouts
- baby potatoes
- olive oil
- fresh thyme - you could use rosemary or sage instead, or a combination of the three.
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
You can customize this recipe with whatever vegetables that you have on hand. Some of my favourites to use are carrots, cauliflower and broccoli.
To make this dish you will also need a ½ pan baking sheet pan.
How to Make the Best One Pan Roasted Harvest Vegetables
This is such an easy recipe to prep. All you do is chop up your vegetables (butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and potatoes), and then throw them into a mixing bowl or directly into a large ½ pan baking sheet pan. Add in the remaining seasonings (olive oil, thyme, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper), and. toss to combine until all vegetables are evenly coated.
Spread the vegetables evenly on the pan into a single layer. Transfer the sheet pan into a preheated 375 F oven and bake for 40 minutes, until the butternut squash and potatoes are tender. Roasting these vegetables intensifies their flavour to another level. So so delicious and flavourful.
PRO TIP: Make sure to cut your vegetables into the same size, about 1-inches wide. This will ensure even cooking when roasting.
How to Serve Roasted Fall Vegetables
Serve these roasted vegetables as a side dish with all your favourite fall meals. Some of my favourites to pair this with are whole roast chicken or roasted spatchcock chicken and pilaf rice with carrots.
It is also the ideal side dish to serve on your holiday dinner menu, since it's so easy to throw together, which means less stress for you. Serve it with a juicy whole roast turkey or, if you are planning a smaller celebration this year, serve it with an easy juicy roasted turkey breast. Don't forget your other vegetable side dishes or potato side dishes and some easy small batch ciabatta rolls or homemade no yeast biscuits.
More Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Easy Roasted Cauliflower
- Easy Garlic Herb-Roasted Carrots
- 12-Minute Roasted Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Herb-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
One pan roasted harvest vegetables with butternut squash, brussels sprouts and baby potatoes is the best fall side dish. So easy to prep in just minutes.
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add the chopped butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and potatoes into a large ½ pan baking sheet. Add in olive oil, thyme, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss to combine until all vegetables are evenly coated.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on the pan into a single layer.Transfer the sheet pan to the oven and bake for 40 minutes until the butternut squash and potatoes are tender.
Equipment used: ½ pan baking sheet pan.
How to cook vegetables evenly: Make sure to cut your vegetables into the same size, about 1-inches wide. This will ensure even cooking when roasting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one pan roasted harvest vegetables, butternut squash and brussels sprouts, sheet pan vegetables, thanksgiving vegetables