I love combining sweet and savory flavours, and this stuffing is the perfect example of why it works so well. Cranberry walnut bread paired with sautéed apples, onions, and rosemary is exactly what your holiday table needs! Hello cranberry walnut apple stuffing!
This recipe is also versatile and adaptable to whichever flavors you enjoy most! Let me tell you how you can change things up.
- Bread - I used a dense brown bread for this stuffing, but you could use ciabatta or a crusty baguette instead. I also used a cranberry walnut bread for this recipe, which made things easier. But, if you’re not using bread with cranberries and walnuts already in it, don't worry. All you need to do is add in 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and 1/4 cup of toasted walnut pieces. Easy peasy.
- Walnuts - Not a fan of walnuts? Substitute pecans or pistachios.
- Add extras - Want to make this a complete meal? Brown some sausage and add it before baking.
This is delicious and complete on its own, but I’ve been enjoying the leftovers with a drizzle of balsamic — it just takes it over the top! Serve this at your next holiday meal and give those mains a serious run for their money!
Check out Some of my Favourite Holiday Dishes:
- The Best and Juiciest Roast Turkey Ever - It cooks faster than traditional cooking methods and requires NO brining!
- The Best and Creamiest Mashed Potatoes - Ready in under 30 minutes, these potatoes are so velvety and so smooth!
- Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts - Also ready in under 30 minutes, there tender and caramelized, easy roasted brussels sprouts are tossed in balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup - The most pinned soup on Pinterest sums up the taste of the holidays in one spoon. Rosemary, sage and thyme, need I say more?
- Easy Make-Ahead Cranberry Sauce – Take the stress out of the holidays and prepare easy make-ahead cranberry sauce days before the big holiday dinner! Ready in only 15 minutes!
- Classic Homemade Turkey Gravy -Thanksgiving is not the same without thick and delicious, classic homemade turkey gravy made using leftover drippings and homemade turkey stock.
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower - Imagine having a nice big serving of mashed potatoes but with a quarter of the calories. Now you can with creamy garlic mashed cauliflower! Cooks in 15 minutes!
- Apple Walnut Salad with Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette - Throw together crisp apples, crunchy walnuts, and sweet cranberries for a taste of the holidays in a salad.
- Oven-Roasted Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter - When it is inconvenient to grill your corn on the cob, try buttery, oven-roasted corn on the cob with garlic butter instead!
- Classic Baked Mac and Cheese - The ultimate comfort food: creamy, cheesy, classic baked macaroni and cheese with a crunchy topping cooks in 30 minutes.