We officially had our first, although short-lived, snow fall this year. It is only the beginning of November! What is happening people? The good news is that it's time to bring out the slow cooker and enjoy more warm, comforting foods and soups at home. Foods such as flavourful, slow cooker beef stew ramen. Drool.
This recipe is one of my hubby's creations. He is all into slow cooker stews these days. I mean, slow cookers/crockpots make our lives so much easier. You can prepare all the ingredients the night before, throw them into the slow cooker in the morning, turn it on low and head out to work. Once I get home, I come home to an amazing smelling kitchen and dinner ready for me! Who can say no to that?
So, back to my story about my hubby's slow cooker obsession. The other night, he prepared an amazing beef stew which was waiting for us when we got home for work. The problem was that once I got home from work, I was kind of craving noodles. Well, problem averted as he brilliantly decided to add ramen noodles to the stew. Um... amazing.
If you haven't guessed it already, this recipe is basically two recipes in one. You can make just the beef stew and serve over rice or dip some dinner rolls into it. Or, add some noodles and watch your stew transform into the most amazing beef ramen.
Watch us try ramen in Japan!
If you liked that video and are interested in keeping up to date with all our travels, make sure to subscribe to our channel (HERE)! We would love your support! 🙂
It's soup and slow cooker season! Add some noodles to your beef stew and transform it into the most amazing, flavourful slow cooker beef stew ramen.
- 1 pound stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces ramen noodles
- 1 cup green beans
- hot sauce (optional, for serving)
- Add beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, crushed tomatoes, broth, soy sauce, thyme, and rosemary into the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- In a separate pot, cook the ramen noodles.
- Ladle the stew into bowls. Place ramen noodles into the bowls and garnish with beef and green beans. Add a dash of hot sauce or extra soy sauce sauce, if necessary (optional).
- Serve immediately.
If the stew is too think for the ramen, add some boiling water.
- Cuisine: Asian