Soft and tender, roasted butternut squash is the easiest side dish to make this fall. This gluten-free and vegan recipe packs on a ton of flavour with just a few simple pantry staples. Plus, roasting adds a much more intense depth of flavour that you would not get if cooking squash using other methods. This dish is a must on your dinner table this season.
Here is what you will need to gather to make this recipe:
- butternut squash - one medium head butternut squash peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces (about 5-6 cups). You can also make it even easier and use pre-cubed butternut squash which you can pick up at most grocery stores this time of year.
- olive oil
- rosemary - I used dried rosemary buy you can also substitute with fresh if you prefer.
- salt and pepper
How to Make Easy Roasted Butternut Squash
Roasted butternut squash is a delicious side dish that is so easy to make. It is a life saver when entertaining and you are looking for some more dishes to add to your dinner menu. It literally just takes a couple easy steps to prep this dish.
First, peel the squash with a potato peeler and cut it lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Then, chop it into 1-inch cubes. Transfer the cubed squash directly into a sheet pan. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
Transfer the pan to the 425 preheated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes under tender. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top. So so easy.
How to Serve Roasted Butternut Squash
- Serve it as a side dish with your favourite fall meals. Some of my favourites to pair this with are easy juicy roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes, and crispy brussels sprouts.
- Add it to your holiday dinner menu. It's one less item to stress about.
- Use it to make soup. My favourites are roasted butternut squash soup, butternut squash and apple soup and roasted butternut squash and cauliflower soup.
- Serve it salad like this fall harvest salad or warm lentil salad.
- Add it to pasta. Try my favourite winter squash carbonara pasta.
More Roasted Vegetables to Try
- Easy Roasted Cauliflower
- Easy Garlic Herb-Roasted Carrots
- 12-Minute Roasted Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Herb-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Asparagus and Mushrooms
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.