Roasted butternut squash is the easiest vegan side dish you need this fall. It has a ton of flavour with just a few simple pantry staples.
- 1 medium butternut squash, cubed into 1-2 inch pieces (about 5-6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds. Then, cube into 1-inch pieces and transfer into a large baking pan. Add in remaining ingredients (olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper) and toss to combine.
- Transfer pan to the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, until soft and tender.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top.
How to serve: Serve roasted butternut squash as a side dish with your favourite fall meals. I like to pair it with easy juicy roasted turkey breast, creamy mashed potatoes, easy roasted brussels sprouts and an apple walnut salad. Add don't forget to add it to your easy Thanksgiving menu. A side dish this easy will be a life-saver on the big day when you have a million other things to stress over.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted butternut squash, easy butternut squash, how to roast butternut squash, thanksgiving side dish