Roasted garlic asparagus and mushrooms is easy, simple, flavorful, and delicious. Crisp asparagus is roasted with earthy mushrooms and loaded with garlic for the best flavor. These easy sheet pan vegetables come together in just minutes before they’re ready to pop into the oven. Serve this healthy vegan side dish alongside your favorite protein for a complete meal.
Why You’ll Love Roasted Garlic Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Asparagus and mushrooms are the perfect pair. Asparagus and mushrooms are each vegetables that are individually packed with flavour. But when you combine the two and add garlic in the mix, the flavour is on another level. The freshness of the asparagus complements the earthy mushrooms so well.
- It’s easy to make with just 6 ingredients. Is it hard to make something so delicious? Nope, not at all. I'm a big advocate on quick and easy recipes and this one is definitely on point. Simply combine asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic, toss in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and pop into the oven. In the meantime, you can prepare chicken breast or salmon to go along with it.
- A healthy side dish. If you are looking to incorporate more healthy meals to your weekly meal plan, this is it. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and keto too.
To make this simple and delicious Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- mushrooms - feel free to use white or brown mushrooms. You can slice them or cut into quarters.
- olive oil
- garlic - I recommend fresh garlic for the most potent flavor. You could substitute with ½ teaspoon of garlic powder if that’s what you have on hand.
- salt and pepper
How to Make the Best Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Prepare vegetables. Wash and prepare the vegetables. Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces. Transfer to a large half sheet baking pan. Slice mushrooms and add to pan.
- Add seasoning. Drizzle olive oil on top and add garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast. Roast in a 400F preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until asparagus and mushrooms are just tender and nicely browned.
How to Serve Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
Serve these vegetables as a side dish with all your favourite spring dinners. Some of my favourites to pair this with are:
- Whole Roast Chicken
- Garlic Butter Salmon
- Ribeye Steak
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Creamy Parmesan (No Wine) Risotto
More Asparagus Recipes
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus
- Asparagus Tart
- Lemon Asparagus Soup with Parmesan
- Chopped Asparagus Salad
- Spring Pesto Pasta with Asparagus
- Sautéed Asparagus
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Roasted garlic asparagus and mushrooms is a simple vegan sheet pan side dish that‘s easy to make, flavorful and delicious. Serve with your favorite protein.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¾ pound white or brown mushrooms, sliced or quartered (about 10-15 mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces. Transfer to a large half sheet baking pan. Slice mushrooms and add to pan.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and add garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until asparagus and mushrooms are just tender and nicely browned.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted garlic asparagus and mushrooms, roasted asparagus, roasted mushrooms, roasted vegetables,
This post was originally published in December 2015. It has been completely updates with new photos and content.