Are you wondering what to make for dinner tonight using chicken breast? Well then, you have come to the right place. Ideas for cooking chicken breast are one of the top searches that we get on our website every single day. So today we are rounding up over 50 of our best chicken breast recipes that we have shared over the years including our most popular chicken recipes that you guys keep coming back to, our favorite creamy and saucy chicken breast recipes when you are craving major comfort food, easy low-maintenance baked chicken and chicken casseroles, better than takeout Asian chicken recipes, chicken soup recipes for the soul, and more!
The best part? Chicken cooks fast so most of these delicious recipes are low fuss, quick and easy recipes that are perfect for busy families on busy weeknights. So let's get started.
Our Most Popular Chicken Breast Recipes
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata. Quick and easy, creamy lemon chicken piccata is a simple and delicious 30-minute meal made with tender chicken breast in a light lemon sauce with capers. Serve with pasta and a side of crusty bread to soak up all that sauce.
- Creamy Chicken Roulade with Spinach and Mushrooms. Give your chicken breasts an upgrade by stuffing them to make fancy, juicy chicken roulade (stuffed chicken breast) with spinach and mushrooms topped with a creamy alfredo sauce. Serve it over a plate of pasta.
- Healthy Lemon Chicken. Better than takeout, healthy lemon chicken is a delicious, sticky chicken stir fry coated in a flavourful, sweet and tangy sauce. Serve it over Vegetarian Fried Rice for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- Creamy White Chicken and Spinach Lasagna. Creamy white chicken and spinach lasagna with tender shredded chicken is the most comforting creamiest cheesiest white lasagna. Easy to make ahead & freeze. Balance out the meal with a fresh salad on the side.
- Baked Chicken Breast with Greek Souvlaki Marinade. Baked chicken breast with Greek souvlaki marinade is juicy and tender, packed with Mediterranean flavors. Serve it over Rice Pilaf with Carrots and Greek Lemon Roasted Baby Potatoes and Greek Salad on the side.
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast. Air fryer chicken breast is crispy on the outside, juicy and tender inside, and packed with flavor in every bite. Quick and easy dinner on busy weeknights.
Bring on the Comfort Food with Saucy Chicken Breast Recipes
- Chicken Marsala. Chicken marsala in creamy mushroom sauce is a quick and easy 30-minute chicken dinner that is pure comfort food goals. A total crowd favourite.
- Baked Queso Chicken. Baked queso chicken with tomatoes is an easy, cheesy, delicious chicken dinner that takes just 30 minutes to cook. Make it a Mexican fiesta with our collection of Best Mexican Recipes.
- Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken. Creamy lemon parmesan chicken is a simple, quick and easy 30-minute meal that is packed with flavour. The most comforting and easiest weeknight dinner.
- Baked Caprese Chicken. Baked caprese chicken is tender, juicy, and delicious, topped with burst tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Easy Chicken Parmesan (Parmigiana). Easy chicken parmesan (parmigiana) with crispy breaded chicken, tomato sauce, and melted mozzarella and parmesan cheese. The best comfort chicken dinner.
- Indian Butter Chicken. Better than takeout, make easy Indian butter chicken in just 30 minutes, with a creamy tomato-based sauce, charred chicken, and incredible spice + flavour. Serve with homemade garlic naan bread.
- Apple Cider Chicken with Butternut Squash. One of my favourite chicken recipes is quick, easy, one pan apple cider chicken with butternut squash, apples, and thyme, cooked in an apple cider sauce. Serve this fall meal in just 40 minutes. Don't forget some crusty bread to soak up all that juice.
- Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Sauce. Delicious creamy skillet chicken with lemon garlic sauce is a one-skillet meal that is ready in 30 minutes. It's garlicky, saucy, creamy, and so flavourful. Bread is a must to dip into this delicious sauce. Try Pull Apart Garlic Bread or Easy No Yeast Biscuits.
Baked Chicken When You Need a Low Maintenance Dinner
- Sweet Chili Chicken Bites. Sticky crispy baked sweet chili chicken bites is better than takeout and so easy to make healthier at home. An easy dinner or game day appy.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. Sizzling and hot sheet pan chicken fajitas are on the table in less than 30 minutes. The best part is that you just throw everything into one sheet pan. Or try our Skillet Chicken Fajitas on the stovetop.
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken. Baked parmesan crusted chicken is breaded in a herby parmesan breadcrumb mixture and baked until crispy perfection. So flavourful and delicious.
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables. Quick and easy, throw everything into one pan, Asian-style meal prep sheet pan sesame balsamic chicken and vegetables is flavourful, juicy and tender. Serve with some steamed rice.
- Baked Crispy Chicken Strips. Juicy long strips of chicken shaped perfectly for dipping and coated with a flawless crispy and crunchy exterior, baked crispy chicken strips are a pleaser.
Chicken and Rice = The Perfect Pairing.
- One Pot Spanish Chicken and Rice. Packed with flavour, real ingredients and vibrant colours, one pot Spanish chicken and rice is the perfect no fuss, no clean up weeknight meal.
- Chicken and Couscous with Sun-dried Tomatoes. Simple, healthy and flavourful chicken and couscous with sun-dried tomatoes is ready in under 30 minutes. It's the easiest weeknight dinner to make tonight! It may not technically be rice but it's a similar idea -- chicken + grains = dinner goals.
- One Pot Coconut Curry Chicken and Rice. Creamy, delicious and flavourful, Thai-inspired one pot coconut curry chicken and rice is a 30-minute weeknight meal made with red curry and coconut milk.
- Curry Chicken Fried Rice. Flavourful curry chicken fried rice with chicken, mushrooms, peas, rice, and curry flavours is so easy to make in less than 10 minutes on busy weeknights. Serve with a fresh Chinese Garlic Cucumber Salad on the side.
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice. Instant pot chicken fried rice is easy to throw together, packed with flavor, and delicious. It's perfect for a weeknight family dinner or meal prep.
- Turkey Fried Rice. Leftover turkey fried rice with turkey, fluffy rice, scrambled eggs, vegetables, and classic Asian seasonings is a one skillet meal made in just 10 minutes. The recipe uses turkey, but you can easily substitute it with leftover chicken breast or a store-bought rotisserie chicken instead.
Baked Chicken Casseroles Are The Easiest Make Ahead Recipes
- Chicken Enchiladas. Easy baked chicken enchiladas brings the taste of authentic Mexican food into your kitchen -- saucy, spicy, and savoury. Perfect for a Mexican fiesta on Cinco de Mayo.
- Tetrazzini with Spinach. Creamy tetrazzini with spinach is a simple, easy and delicious pasta recipe that is comforting, creamy and cheesy. The recipe used turkey, but you can easily substitute it with leftover chicken or a storebought rotisserie chicken instead.
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli and Quinoa Casserole. Nothing says comfort food better than a creamy chicken, broccoli and quinoa casserole made with fresh and healthy ingredients.
Homemade Asian Takeout > Actual Takeout
- General Tso's Chicken. Baked General Tso's Chicken is a saucy, savoury, sweet, spicy Chinese-American takeout favourite made healthier with baked chicken, not fried. Serve over Vegetarian Fried Rice.
- Shanghai Style Fried Noodles. Better than take-out, flavourful and authentic Shanghai fried noodles with chicken, mushrooms, and bok choy is made in just 10 minutes - the easiest dinner!
- Baked Sesame Chicken. Better than takeout, baked sesame chicken with vegetables is delicious, flavourful, sticky and saucy. This healthier Chinese dish is quick and easy to make.
- Pan-Fried Lemongrass Chicken. Aromatic Asian pan-fried lemongrass chicken is healthy, gluten-free, and takes less than 25 minutes to prep and cook. Now that's what I call the perfect weeknight meal. Use any leftovers in a Lemongrass Chicken Banh Mi Sandwich.
- Kung Pao Chicken. Kung Pao chicken is a Chinese chicken dish that is stir-fried with crisp vegetables and tossed in a delicious Asian sauce packed with flavour.
- Char Siu (Chinese BBQ) Chicken. Sweet sticky and savoury Char Siu (Chinese BBQ) chicken is a delicious dinner packed with classic Asian flavours with incredible flavour.
Chicken Soup Recipes for the Soul
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup. Smooth, hearty and light, one pot lemon chicken orzo soup is pure comfort in a bowl. This family favourite is like chicken noodle soup with a major upgrade.
- Chicken and Rice Soup. Chicken and rice soup is delicious, warm, cozy, and comforting feel-good meal that can warm you up on a chilly day. Easy to make in one pot.
- Healthy Miso Ramen with Chicken. It doesn't get any more cozier than a healthy miso ramen soup with chicken from the comfort of your own home. The vegan miso broth is what this ramen is all about. Seriously, weeknight dinners have never been tastier!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup. Hearty chicken tortilla soup is a delicious, wholesome and filling soup that you can make in about 30 minutes, packed with classic Mexican flavours.
- Creamy Turkey Orzo Soup. Warm and cozy, creamy turkey orzo soup is wholesome, hearty, filling, and flavourful. Make this delicious one pot meal using a rotisserie chicken instead in just 30 minutes.
- Turkey Wild Rice Soup. Wholesome hearty one pot leftover turkey wild rice soup can be adapted easily for chicken instead of turkey. It's the most comforting way to use any leftover chicken or a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
How to Store Chicken Breast
Store any leftover chicken breast in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Most of these recipes are also freezer-friendly and can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Refer to the individual recipe post for complete storing instructions.
To reheat, you can reheat in a preheated 300F oven for 10-15 minutes until warmed through, or in the air fryer at 350F for 5-10 minutes. Depending on the type of recipe, you can also reheat on the stove over medium heat until fully warmed through or in the microwave in 30 second increments until warmed through.
If reheating from frozen, let it thaw first in the refrigerator overnight (or 6-8 hours) and then reheat.
More Popular Recipes
- 25 Best Ground Beef Recipes
- 30 Best Shrimp Recipes
- 40 Best Pasta Recipes
- 40 Best Salad Recipes
- 50 Best Bread Recipes
- 25 Best Noodle Recipes
Did You Make Any of These Chicken Breast Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of the best chicken breast recipes we have to offer. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print