Quick and easy Greek lemon roasted baby potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, packed with a Greek flavour blend of lemon, garlic and herbs. These delicious roasted potatoes are so easy to throw together in just a few simple steps.
We are obsessed with anything that involves Greek flavours. I mean, what is there not to love? Bright flavours that lighten up any dish. Some of our favourites to serve alongside this are Greek lemon garlic whole roast chicken or souvlaki chicken skewers, easy tzatziki sauce, and a greek salad. These lemon roasted baby potatoes also pair nicely with any meat on the menu including herb-crusted rack of lamb, ribeye steak, or baked maple salmon.
To make these delicious Greek lemon roasted baby potatoes, you will need the following ingredients:
- baby potatoes - 2 lbs. of washed and halved baby potatoes. You can also substitute with any kind potatoes that you have on hand such as red potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, or russet potatoes. Just cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- olive oil - can also substitute with vegetable oil.
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Italian seasoning - Italian seasoning contains a great blend of dried herbs and spices including dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried thyme and garlic powder.
- salt and pepper
How to Make the Best Greek Lemon Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Combine ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, olive oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and toss to combine until evenly coated.
- Roast. Transfer to a quarter baking sheet and spread the potatoes out evenly into a single layer. Roast in a 400F preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and fork tender (fork inserted easily comes out).
- Serve. Remove from oven and serve immediately on a plate. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice over top and toss to combine.
Frequently Asked Questions and Tips
- Can I double this recipe? Absolutely. But if you double the recipe, then make it in a larger half sheet baking pan, or in 2 batches, as the potatoes need to be arranged in a single layer to cook evenly and get crispy.
- Can I cook these in the air fryer? Yes. To make these Greek lemon potatoes in the air fryer, arrange them in a single layer in the air fryer basket (you will likely need to do this in two or more batches so that you are not overcrowding the pan). Air fry at 375°F for 20-22 minutes shaking the basket halfway through, until the potato skins are golden brown and tender.
- How do I store and reheat? Transfer the baby potatoes to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, transfer into a 300F preheated oven or air fryer basket and heat for 5-10 minutes, until warmed through.
More Recipes with Baby Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- One Pan Roasted Garlic Chicken with Baby Potatoes
- Skillet Chicken Thighs and Baby Potatoes
- Honey Glazed Pork with Roasted Vegetables
- Greek Lemon Garlic Whole Roast Chicken
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.