Quick and easy baked maple salmon with just a handful of ingredients might just become your newest favourite weeknight dinner. This go-to salmon is so delicious, flaky, and flavourful. It has the perfect balance between sweet and savoury with a delicious maple glaze. Make it in just 20 minutes.
It's currently peak salmon season here in BC, Canada, which means lots of fresh wild salmon available in the grocery stores. This is probably my favourite time of the year when it comes to food. I mean, why not thrown in some healthy baked salmon to balance out all the comfort foods we have been indulging on lately.
Here is the few simple ingredients that you will need to make this delicious baked maple salmon.
- salmon fillet
- maple syrup
- soy sauce
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- black pepper
- sesame seeds - optional, for serving
How to Make the Best Baked Maple Salmon
First, marinate the salmon. In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Place salmon fillets into a medium container and pour the maple syrup mixture on top to fully coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight. (You can also marinate the salmon in a large ziploc back. Add in all ingredients and then press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the salmon to coat).
Then, bake the salmon. Remove the marinated salmon fillets out of the container and place them skin side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Keep the marinade sauce to brush on later. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 20 minutes, until cooked through and flaky. Brush the reserved marinade over the salmon halfway through baking for extra flavour.
Transfer the salmon fillets onto a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top (optional) and serve warm over steamed rice or some creamy mashed potatoes.
Other Ways to Cook Salmon
You can also cook this salmon in the air fryer or on the grill:
- How to cook salmon in the air fryer: Cook at 400 F for 10 minutes.
- How to cook salmon on the grill: Lightly brush some oil over a grill pan or use cooking oil spray. Preheat grill to medium high heat for 5 minutes. Place the salmon, skin-side up on the grill, at an angle across the ridges of the pan. Cook for 3 minutes until the fillet has distinctive grill marks. Turn the fillets 45 degrees and cook for another 2 minutes. Flip the salmon over and cook for another 5 minutes. If you want it well-done, cook for 7 minutes total on each side.
Tips for Serving and Storing Baked Maple Salmon
- How to serve. Serve baked maple salmon over steamed rice or some creamy mashed potatoes and a side of vegetables (garlic green beans, roasted asparagus or herb-roasted carrots are my favourites). You could also assemble it in an Asian rice bowl with corn, avocado, greens, cucumber, roe, and seaweed.
- How to store: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Fish Recipes
- Grilled Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowl
- Sheet Pan Miso Salmon with Bok Choy
- Black Cod with Black Bean Sauce
- Pistachio-Crusted Salmon
- Almond-Crusted Halibut with Lemon Garlic Butter
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.