Quick and easy baked maple salmon is so delicious, flaky and flavourful with the perfect balance between sweet and savoury. The best weeknight dinner.
- 2 lb. salmon fillets (about 4 pieces), cut into 3-inch strips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sesame seeds (optional, for serving)
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Place salmon fillets into a medium container and pour the maple syrup mixture on top to fully coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight. (You can also marinate the salmon in a large ziploc back. Add in all ingredients and then press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the salmon to coat).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 F. Then, remove the marinated salmon fillets out of the container and place them skin side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Keep the marinade sauce to brush on later.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cooked through and flaky. Brush the reserved marinade over the salmon halfway through baking for extra flavour.
- Transfer the salmon fillets onto a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top (optional) and serve warm over steamed rice or some creamy mashed potatoes.
Air Fryer instructions: Cook at 400 F for 10 minutes in the air fryer.
Grilling instructions: Lightly brush some oil over a grill pan or use cooking oil spray. Preheat grill to medium high heat for 5 minutes. Place the salmon, skin-side up on the grill, at an angle across the ridges of the pan. Cook for 3 minutes until the fillet has distinctive grill marks. Turn the fillets 45 degrees and cook for another 2 minutes. Flip the salmon over and cook for another 5 minutes. If you want it well-done, cook for 7 minutes total on each side.
How to store: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (+30 minutes to marinate)
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked maple salmon, easy baked salmon, maple salmon recipe, maple glazed salmon, air fryer salmon