I can’t believe that after over a year of blogging, this is my first salmon recipe! Salmon is probably the seafood that is most regularly cooked in our home so I cannot fathom why I am just now sharing a recipe with you! So as a consolation prize, let me share a more exquisite salmon recipe with you… pistachio-crusted salmon.
I first tried pistachio-crusted salmon at a local steakhouse on my birthday last year. I know, who orders seafood at a steakhouse? I do. And as soon as I took that first bite, I was instantly inspired. This dish is drool-worthy amazing. Somehow the nutty pistachio mixed with the honey, lemon and garlic flavours in the glaze work wonders when combined with wild salmon. I just knew that I had to make my own version of pistachio-crusted salmon. And lucky for you, after some trial and error, here it is!
What makes this dish even better is that despite the ultra sophisticated persona it ensues, it is a one pan meal that takes less than 20 minutes to make! That’s what I love about salmon. No matter how exquisite the dish, it is so quick and easy to make. It truly makes the perfect weeknight dinner.
Try pairing this plate with:
- Rice: Basmati rice with saffron, Easy coconut rice
- Vegetables: Mashed garlic cauliflower, Roasted garlic and herb carrots
- Salad: Strawberry avocado salad with poppy seed dressing, Mixed greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Pistachio-crusted salmon is a gourmet dinner without the gourmet skills! Prepare this with a handful of ingredients in less than 20 minutes!
- 2 wild salmon fillets, approximately 6 ounces (175 g) grams each
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry. Place salmon on a lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, and honey. Spread 3/4 of the mixture evenly over the salmon.
- Add pistachios to remaining mixture and stir to combine. Spoon pistachio mixture on top and press lightly into salmon using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until salmon is flaky.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.