Roasted asparagus with poached eggs is a light spring meal that you might have never known that you need in your life. It's so easy to prepare with just a few simple ingredients that are just perfect when combined together -- crisp yet tender roasted asparagus, perfectly poached eggs, and fresh dill. I don't know whether to call it breakfast, lunch, or dinner, because it's a meal that you can eat any time of day. Either way, it's one that you that will leave you feeling light, but completely satisfied.
Why You'll Love Roasted Asparagus with Poached Eggs
- Fresh seasonal ingredients. I am kind of obsessed with all things asparagus, and you may have noticed this by the abundance of new asparagus recipes that I feature on the blog every spring. So I get super excited when they are finally in season (although we can find them here all year round, nothing beats the fresh harvest from the farmer's market). The newest this year are some of my absolute favourites: Asparagus Tart, Chopped Asparagus Salad, and Lemon Asparagus Soup with Parmesan.
- Packed with flavour. My favourite way to prepare asparagus is roasting it because it develops a much more deeper and intense flavour, as opposed to steamed asparagus. Plus, top this meal with fresh herbs and lots of black pepper for a classy, elevated brunch dish, or simply to celebrate the arrival of spring.
- Perfectly poached eggs. The only way to serve eggs with roasted asparagus is poached. Poaching the eggs ensures runny yolks (that are not too runny), and the asparagus is perfect for sopping it up with.
To make this delicious roasted asparagus with poached eggs, you will need the following simple ingredients:
- asparagus - I roast the asparagus in this recipe, but you can easily cook it any way that you like. You can sauté them (Sautéed Asparagus), cook in the air fryer (Air Fryer Asparagus), steam them, or boil them.
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- white vinegar
- fresh herbs - I used fresh dill but you can use any other herbs that you would like (try parsley, thyme, or oregano).
How to Make the Best Roasted Asparagus with Poached Eggs
- Roast the asparagus. Preheat oven to 425 F. Place trimmed asparagus on a rimmed half sheet baking pan and drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 12-15 minutes, or until asparagus is just tender.
- Poach the eggs. While asparagus is in the oven, crack each egg into their own small bowl, being careful not to break the yolk. Bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil, then add vinegar. Lower heat until water is simmering. Gently lower the eggs into the simmering water and cook for 4 minutes, or until egg whites are set and yolks are soft and runny.
- Assemble and serve. Carefully remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon. Serve eggs on top of roasted asparagus, and season eggs with additional salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh dill or other herbs, if using.
More Asparagus Recipes
- Asparagus Tart
- Chopped Asparagus Salad
- Spring Pesto Pasta with Asparagus
- Lemon Asparagus Soup with Parmesan
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus and Cantaloupe Bundles
- Sautéed Asparagus
- Creamless Cream of Asparagus Soup
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.