Roasted asparagus with poached eggs and fresh herbs is a classy, elevated spring meal that will leave you feeling light, but completely satisfied.
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- fresh dill or other herb (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place trimmed asparagus on a rimmed half sheet baking pan and drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 12-15 minutes, or until asparagus is just tender.
- While asparagus is in the oven, crack each egg into their own small bowl, being careful not to break the yolk. Bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil, then add vinegar. Lower heat until water is simmering. Gently lower the eggs into the simmering water and cook for 4 minutes, or until egg whites are set and yolks are soft and runny.
- Carefully remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon. Serve eggs on top of roasted asparagus, and season eggs with additional salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh dill or other herbs, if using.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Brunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted asparagus with poached eggs, asparagus and eggs, how to make poached eggs, spring brunch, asparagus brunch