Grilling season is upon us and I for one couldn’t be more excited! Fire up your grill and make these prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and cantaloupe bundles today because they are literally the best.
A ripe cantaloupe, one bundle of asparagus, and a small package of prosciutto is all you need to make this crowd-pleasing appetizer. These little bundles are salty, sweet, and juicy — the trifecta you never knew you needed, and they’re worth the prep time to serve these up to your guests (or keep for yourself) all summer long.
Totally acceptable to leave the prosciutto uncooked, but heating it on the grill for a couple minutes per side enhances its already smokey flavor. These little bundles are so addictive and perfect for your next cookout.
3-ingredient prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and cantaloupe bundles are salty, sweet and juicy — the trifecta you never knew you needed!
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 1 (4 oz.) package prosciutto
- nonstick grill spray
- Trim the bottom 1-inch to 1 and 1/2-inch off the ends of the asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat until it reaches about 400 degrees. Grill asparagus until tender, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Peel cantaloupe and scoop out seeds, then slice into wedges. You can get about 18-20 wedges per cantaloupe.
- Slice each piece of prosciutto in half lengthwise, then take one single piece and wrap it around 1 cantaloupe wedge and 2 or 3 pieces of asparagus. Repeat until all bundles are prepped.
- Spray grill with nonstick cooking spray, then grill asparagus bundles for about 2 minutes per side. Remove, season with a little additional black pepper, and serve immediately.