Prosciutto wrapped asparagus and melon are salty, sweet, and juicy. They are easy to make with a handful of simple ingredients, then cooked on the grill.
- 1 pound asparagus (1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium cantaloupe (or honeydew melon)
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- nonstick cooking spray
- Trim the bottom 1 to 1.5-inches off the ends of the asparagus. Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat until it reaches about 400 degrees (or heat a grill pan on the stove). Grill the asparagus until tender, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Peel the cantaloupe and scoop out seeds, then slice into wedges. You can get about 18-20 wedges per cantaloupe.
- Slice each piece of prosciutto in half lengthwise, then take one single piece and wrap it around 1 cantaloupe wedge and 2-3 pieces of asparagus. Repeat until all the bundles are prepped.
- Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray, then grill the asparagus bundles for about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove and season with a little more black pepper. Serve immediately.
Varying cook times: If your asparagus is large and thick, they’ll may need an extra minute on the grill. If they are thin, flip them over after just a minute or 2.
How to store: After the grilled asparagus and cantaloupe bundles have cooled to room temperature, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
How to reheat: Prosciutto wrapped asparagus and melon are best served fresh. If you have leftovers, you can eat them cold or reheat on the grill or in a 400F oven or air fryer for 5-10 minutes until the prosciutto is crisp.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: prosciutto wrapped asparagus and melon, proscuitto wrapped asparagus and cantaloupe, asparagus and cantaloupe bundles, asparagus and melon