Creamy lemon parmesan chicken is a simple, quick and easy 30-minute meal that is packed with flavour. Soft and tender chicken breast is seared and then tossed in a delicious garlicky, lemony, creamy sauce full of Parmesan cheese. This comforting chicken dinner is a family favourite and so easy to make all in one pan. Serve it with pasta for the easiest weeknight dinner.
I am all about the easy 30-minute dinners around here. It's just how I like my meals. Some of my other favourite quick and easy dinners that we love are cheesy tortellini and sausage bake, glazed honey balsamic pork chops, creamy lemon chicken piccata, and skillet pizza.
To make this quick and easy creamy lemon parmesan chicken, you will need:
- chicken breasts - four boneless and skinless breasts, about 1 lb. total.
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- all-purpose flour
- chicken broth - or 1 tablespoon chicken chicken bouillon powder dissolved in 1 cup water
- heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- lemon juice - I prefer freshly squeezed lemon juice, but storebought 100% lemon juice works.
- Italian seasoning
- for garnish - finely chopped parsley and thinly sliced lemon wedges.
- for serving (optional) - pasta such as spaghetti or linguine or a side of baby potatoes.
How to Make the Best Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
- Prepare the chicken: Pat dry the chicken breasts completely with paper towel and season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cook the chicken: Heat oil in a large shallow saucepan over medium high heat for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles and shimmers. Sear the chicken for about 6-8 minutes per side (depending on the thickness) until golden brown and fully cooked through. The internal temperature for the chicken should reach 165F, as read on a meat thermometer. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Make the sauce: In the same pan, sauté garlic over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add flour and stir to cook for one minute. Stir in chicken broth and mix well until the sauce is smooth and uniform. Whisk in cream, Parmesan, lemon juice, capers and Italian seasoning. Bring the sauce to a simmer and stir occasionally until thickened to desired consistency, about 4-5 minutes.
- Toss the chicken in the sauce: Return the chicken to the pan and toss well to coat with the sauce. Let the chicken cook with the sauce for another minute.
- Serve: Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley. Serve immediately with a side of pasta.
How to Serve Lemon Parmesan Chicken
Serve this creamy lemon parmesan chicken with a side of pasta. I like to make a pot of linguini pasta, drain the pasta, and toss it directly into the creamy sauce. You can also serve it on top of mashed potatoes or garlic mashed cauliflower and drizzle the sauce over top.
To complete the meal, add a light salad such as an easy Greek salad or Mediterranean chickpea wedge salad and a side of bread to soak up any extra sauce such as rosemary garlic focaccia bread or ciabatta rolls.
- How to store: Store any leftover creamy lemon parmesan chicken with the sauce in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- How to reheat: Reheat on the stove over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes until chicken is warmed through, or in the microwave. The sauce will likely have thickened up, and will thicken up further as you reheat. Add a little water to achieve a thinner consistency.
More Chicken Recipes
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata
- Easy Chicken Parmesan (Parmigiana)
- Creamy White Chicken and Spinach Lasagna
- Apple Dijon Braised Chicken Thighs
- Skillet Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
- Creamy Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- One Pot Spanish Chicken and Rice
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.