Quick and easy, cheesy tortellini and sausage bake is a delicious 30-minute dinner packed with so much flavour. It's loaded with tortellini pasta, Italian sausage, tomato sauce, fresh parsley and two types of gooey cheese baked to perfection for major comfort food goals. This quick and easy weeknight dinner is a big family favourite.
Who doesn't love a quick and easy one pot meal on a busy weeknight? Some of my other favourites to throw together quickly are shrimp fettuccine alfredo pasta bake, creamy tortellini soup with sausage, and creamy brussels sprouts bake, and baked maple salmon.
Ingredients in Baked Tortellini
- tortellini - I used cheese tortellini, but you can use any flavour that you like. You can also use fresh or frozen tortellini, but note that the cook time of the tortellini will be longer if it is from frozen.
- Italian sausage
- tomato sauce - either homemade or store-bought.
- olive oil
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- cheese - both mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
How to Make the Best Cheesy Tortellini and Sausage Bake
- Cook the tortellini: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium high heat. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions, about 8-10 minutes. Drain with a colander, and set aside.
- Cook the sausage: Meanwhile, heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles and shimmers. Add sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned. Break the sausages into small pieces using a spatula.
- Add the sauce: Add onions and sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir well to combine. Add in tomato sauce, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well to mix and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat down to low, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Combine and add cheese: Add in the cooked tortellini and stir well to fully coat it in sauce. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan evenly on top of the tortellini.
- Bake: Transfer the skillet into a 350F preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese melts and turns golden brown. Remove from oven, and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve: Garnish with extra parsley and Parmesan on top.
How to StoreStore this tortellini and sausage bake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply heat in the microwave or in a skillet. You may need to add a little water to thin out the sauce a bit.
How to Serve Cheesy Tortellini and Sausage
I like to serve this delicious cheesy tortellini and sausage bake with some crusty homemade bread and a side salad. My favourite breads to pair this with are garlic rosemary focaccia bread or pull apart garlic bread, which are both perfect for dipping and soaking up all of that delicious tomato sauce.
More Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Tortellini Soup with Sausage
- Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Butternut Squash Carbonara Pasta
- Spaghetti Alfredo with Spinach and Mushrooms
- Creamy Avocado Basil Peso Spaghetti
- Easy Meat Lasagna
- Farfalle Pasta with Light Creamy Mushroom Rose Sauce
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.