Creamy lemon parmesan chicken is a simple, quick and easy 30-minute meal that is packed with flavour. The most comforting and easiest weeknight dinner.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 lb. total), boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 tablespoon chicken chicken bouillon powder + 1 cup water)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about half lemon), freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon lemon wedges, thinly sliced (for garnish)
Prepare the Chicken:
- Pat dry the chicken breasts completely with paper towel and season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large shallow saucepan over medium high heat for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles and shimmers. Sear the chicken for about 6-8 minutes per side (depending on the thickness) until golden brown and fully cooked through. The internal temperature for the chicken should reach 165F, as read on a meat thermometer. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate.
Prepare the Sauce:
- In the same pan, sauté garlic over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add flour and stir to cook for one minute. Stir in chicken broth and mix well until the sauce is smooth and uniform.
- Whisk in cream, Parmesan, lemon juice, capers and Italian seasoning. Bring the sauce to a simmer and stir occasionally until thickened to desired consistency, about 4-5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and toss well to coat with the sauce. Let the chicken cook with the sauce for another minute.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley. Serve immediately with a side pasta.
How to store: Store any leftover creamy lemon parmesan chicken with the sauce in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
How to reheat: Reheat on the stove over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes until chicken is warmed through, or in the microwave. The sauce will likely have thickened up, and will thicken up further as you reheat. Add a little water to achieve a thinner consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy lemon parmesan chicken, easy chicken breasts with parmesan, parmesan chicken breast, creamy chicken, chicken dinner