We have rounded up 25 of the best and most popular noodle recipes including stir-fried noodles, tossed noodles, cold noodle salads, and noodle soups, with lots of vegan and vegetarian options too. So if you are craving a late night ramen fix or takeout on a busy weeknight, then you have come to the right place. Plus, the best part is that almost all of these recipes take less than 20 minutes to make. So easy!
Better than take-out, flavourful and authentic Shanghai fried noodles with chicken, mushrooms, and bok choy is made in just 10 minutes - the easiest dinner!
Say goodbye to takeout and make easy 15-minute lo mein at home using fresh and healthy ingredients.
No more takeout when you can make flavourful, restaurant-style, authentic chicken Pad Thai at home in just 10 minutes. It's sweet, savoury, sour and nutty.
Better than takeout, flavourful stir-fried spicy cumin lamb noodles is packed with marinated lamb, noodles, and crisp bean sprouts. Make it in 15 minutes.
Better than takeout, quick easy stir-fried vegetarian chow mein is packed with vegetables and coated in a delicious savoury sauce. Make it in 15 minutes.
Better than takeout, quick and easy one pan stir-fried rice noodle rolls with peanut butter sauce is the best weeknight stir fry, ready in under 10 minutes.
Better than takeout, stir-fried rice cakes with shrimp, bok choy, and bean sprouts in a delicious peanut butter sauce is a quick 10-minute one pan meal.
Toss thin wheat noodles in a spicy chili oil sauce and top with seasoned ground beef to make numbing, spicy Sichuan Dan Dan noodles in under 15 minutes.
Hand-pulled noodles (la mian 拉面) are springy, chewy and delicious traditional homemade noodles that are rolled and stretched into long strips.
Easy vegan Shanghai style cold noodles tossed in peanut butter sauce with fresh vegetables and Asian seasonings, are flavourful and ready in 10 minutes.
Shanghai scallion oil noodles (葱油拌面) is a flavourful, simple noodle dish that is easy to make homemade with 6 ingredients in under 10 minutes.
There’s nothing better on a hot day than a cold and refreshing vegan soba noodle salad, tossed with fresh vegetables and a delicious saucy dressing.
Quick and easy biang biang spicy noodles is a simple, flavourful and vegan noodle dish made with a few ingredients and in under 10 minutes.
Asian Cold Noodle Salad: Nothing screams summer more than a crispy, crunchy, Asian cold noodle salad infused with a refreshing peanut, cilantro and lime dressing.
Noodle Soup Recipes
It doesn't get any more cozier than a healthy miso ramen soup with chicken from the comfort of your own home. The vegan miso broth is what this ramen is all about. Seriously, weeknight dinners have never been tastier!
Put down that cup of instant noodles and make fresh, quick and easy vegetarian ramen in 15 minutes with fresh vegetables, noodles and authentic flavours.
This gluten-free, one pot Thai red curry noodle soup is so flavourful and packed with shrimp, vermicelli rice noodles, fresh herbs, lime juice, and fish sauce.
Vegetarian peanut miso ramen with a creamy vegan soup base, is topped with noodles, vegetables, and a perfect soft-boiled egg. Make it in just 20 minutes.
An easy weeknight dinner option, this hearty and oily slow cooker Asian beef noodle soup is packed with beef chunks, vegetables, noodles, and Asian spices and flavours.
Easy 10-Minute Wonton Soup: Learn how to make easy 10-minute wonton soup, using just a handful of delicious ingredients.
This easy, better than takeout, 10-minute Shanghai style wonton soup is the perfect soup to make for one person and is packed with classic Asian flavours.
Tips for Making the Best Noodles
- Prep the ingredients before you start. Noodles are typically very quick and easy to make. Having all your ingredients prepped, ready, and within hands reach before you begin will make the entire cooking process go smoothly. This is especially important for stir-fried noodles as you have to add different ingredients in quickly, one after the other, while continuously stir-frying.
- How to customize. Almost all these noodle recipes are completely customizable. You can add in or substitute any vegetables that you have on hand. You can add in or substitute the protein with chicken, beef, tofu, or ground meat. Noodles are a great way for clearing out your refrigerator of any vegetables or protein that you need to get rid of. Make sure that everything is cut into bite-sized pieces for fast and even cooking.
- How to store. Noodles are best served fresh. Depending on the type of noodle, they might start to stick together and get a little stiff once they go cold. If you happen to have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, steam the noodles, heat on a skillet with a splash of water, or heat in the microwave.
More Better than Takeout Recipes
- Healthy Lemon Chicken
- 10-Minute Vegetarian Fried Rice
- Beef Potstickers (Dumplings)
- Tigers Prawns in Garlic Ginger Soy Sauce
- Baked Sesame Chicken
- Lion's Head Chinese Meatballs
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Air Fryer Black Cod with Black Bean Sauce
- 10-Minute Seafood Fried Rice
- General Tso's Chicken
Did You Make Any of These Popular Noodle Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of the best noodle recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print