We are slowly transitioning into fall, which means bring on all the comfort foods. To me, comfort food usually means a big bowl of noodle soup. This creamy vegetarian peanut miso ramen has a super creamy and flavourful vegan soup base with tomato and shiitake mushrooms, and is topped with delicate and thin ramen noodles, assorted vegetables, and a perfect soft-boiled ramen egg. This is the kind of ramen that you will take that huge ramen bowl and drink it like a cup, making sure to get every last bit of soup. It's so so delicious.
And aside from the eggs, this is a one pot recipe. Which means that you make everything in one pot. First you prepare the soup base and then cook your ramen noodles directly inside the soup. No extra pot needed, no colander needed.
What is in Peanut Miso Ramen?
- vegetable oil
- shiitake mushrooms
- miso paste
- smooth peanut butter
- ramen noodles
- bean sprouts
- eggs - perfectly soft-boiled.
- white sesame seeds - for garnish.
How to Make the Best Creamy Vegetarian Peanut Miso Ramen
In a large pot, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add in chopped onion, sliced tomato, shiitake mushrooms and minced garlic. (If you use dried shiitake mushroom, make sure to rehydrate them by pre-soaking them in water for at least 20 minutes before use). Stir and cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Add in water and bring it to a boil. Stir in miso paste and peanut butter, and dissolve into the soup. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
Add the ramen noodles in the soup and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Stir the noodles occasionally with chopsticks to prevent them from sticking together.
To assemble the ramen soup, divide and pour the ramen soup with noodles evenly into two large bowls. Add in corn, bean sprouts, chopped scallions, and soft-boiled egg on top. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve hot.
How to Make the Best Soft-boiled Ramen Eggs
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add eggs and cook for 6 minutes. In the first minute, continuously stir the eggs clockwise in the boiling water so that the egg yolk sits right in the centre.
- Once done, remove the eggs and immediately place them in an ice water bath for a few minutes.
- Peel the shells and slice the eggs in half.
Tips for Making Miso Ramen
- How to make a stronger soup base: For a stronger flavoured soup base, add another tablespoon of peanut butter. This will also make the soup extra creamy.
- How to make vegan miso ramen: The ramen soup base is completely vegan, which means that you can make this ramen vegan simply by omitting the eggs.
- How to store miso ramen: You can store the peanut miso ramen soup base separately from the noodles. I would not recommend storing the noodles together with the soup as the ramen noodles will disintegrate and lose its shape when soaked in liquid for too long. You can store the soup base in a sealed container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
More Noodle Soups to Try
- Healthy Miso Ramen with Chicken
- Slow Cooker Asian Beef Noodle Soup
- One Pot Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
- 10-Minute Shanghai-Style Wonton Soup
- Easy 10-Minute Wonton Soup
- Quick and Easy Vegetarian Ramen
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.