Vegetarian peanut miso ramen with a creamy vegan soup base, is topped with noodles, vegetables, and a perfect soft-boiled egg. Make it in just 20 minutes.
Peanut Miso Soup Base:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (4 cloves garlic)
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons organic miso paste
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 2 packages dry ramen noodles
- 2 eggs, soft-boiled
- 1/3 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed (175 g)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds (for garnish)
Make the Peanut Miso Soup Base:
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat for 2 minutes in a large pot. Add in chopped onion, sliced tomato, shiitake mushrooms and minced garlic. (If you use dried shiitake mushroom, make sure to rehydrate them by pre-soaking them in water for at least 20 minutes before use). Stir and cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil. Stir in miso paste and peanut butter, and dissolve into the soup. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add the ramen noodles in the soup and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Stir the noodles occasionally with chopsticks to prevent them from sticking together.
Make the Soft-boiled Eggs:
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Add eggs and cook for 6 minutes while continuously stirring the eggs clockwise in the boiling water for the first minute so the egg yolk sits right in the centre.
- Once done, remove the eggs and immediately place them in an ice water bath for a few minutes.
- Peel the shells and cut eggs in half.
Assemble the Ramen Bowls:
- Divide and pour the ramen soup with noodles evenly into two large bowls.
- Add in corn, bean sprouts, chopped scallions, and soft-boiled egg on top. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve hot.
How to make a stronger soup base: For a stronger flavoured soup base, add another tablespoon of peanut butter. This will also make the soup extra creamy.
How to make vegan miso ramen: The ramen soup base is completely vegan, which means that you can make this ramen vegan simply by omitting the eggs.
How to store miso ramen: You can store the peanut miso ramen soup base separately from the noodles. I would not recommend storing the noodles together with the soup as the ramen noodles will disintegrate and lose its shape when soaked in liquid for too long. You can store the soup base in a sealed container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: creamy vegetarian peanut miso ramen, miso ramen, vegan miso ramen, peanut butter miso ramen, vegetarian ramen, vegan ramen