Winter months are upon us, and it's all about slow cooker recipes this season. I mean, who doesn't love a recipe that you can literally throw everything in one pot, turn on a button, and have dinner pretty much ready for you in a few hours? Slow cooker asian beef noodle soup, I have been waiting for you!
This hearty and oily soup is packed with beef chunks, vegetables, and Asian spices and flavours. You don't need any added vegetable oils because you get all the oily goodness and savoury flavour from the beef's natural fat content through the slow cooking process.
Once the slow cooking process is complete, we cooked and added bok choy and flat rice noodles. I love the look, texture and flavour of these noodles. But, you can substitute with any Asian noodle (such as udon, lo mein, or ramen noodles) in this beef noodle soup.
How to Make Slow Cooker Asian Beef Noodle Soup
- slow cook the beef with onions, carrots, and spices.
- cook the noodles in a separate pot.
- blanch the bok choy.
- assemble the soup together in your serving bowl.
An easy weeknight dinner option, this hearty and oily slow cooker Asian beef noodle soup is packed with beef chunks, vegetables, noodles, and Asian spices and flavours.
- 2 pounds beef chunks (briskets and flanks preferred)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pieces ginger, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large bok choy
- 2 servings flat rice noodles
- 2 eggs, soft-boiled (see notes below for instructions)
- Rinse beef chunks and cook in boiled water for 2 minutes. This is to get rid of the foam so that your soup broth will be clear.
- In a slow cooker, add 4 cups of water, the prepared beef chunks, garlic, ginger, carrots, soy sauce, sugar, cumin, salt and pepper. Leave to cook for 4 hours or overnight.
- Once the soup is ready, prepare the noodles. In a medium pot, bring water to a boil over high heat and add noodles. Cook for 6 mins while continuously stirring to ensure that the noodles do not stick together or to the bottom of the pot. Then, dip the bok choy into the boiling water for 30 seconds, take it out and set it aside. Drain the noodles.
- Assemble the beef noodle soup, in 2 large bowls divide the drained noodles. Add bok choy and a boiled egg on top. Pour in desired amount of beef soup. Add in beef chunks and carrots. Add salt and pepper to taste.
How to get the perfect soft-boiled egg: In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Add eggs and cook for 6 minutes, while continuously stirring the eggs clockwise in boiling water for the first minute to allow the egg yolk to sit right in the centre. Once done, remove the eggs and immediately place them in an ice water bath for a few minutes. Peel the egg shell and slice eggs in half.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: slow cooker asian beef noodle soup, asian beef noodle soup, noodle soup, asian recipes, slow cooker recipes, hearty beef soup