When I think of the ultimate topping, no other topping cuts it like quick and easy homemade strawberry sauce does. It is thick, sweet, smooth, and bursting with strawberry flavour. Pour this over pancakes, crepes, cheesecake and more!
How to Make Strawberry Sauce
Homemade strawberry sauce is incredibly easy to make. It is a 3-ingredient, one-pot recipe. Here’s what you will need:
- strawberries – well this is a no brainer…
- orange juice – this adds a tangy hint and also adds extra sweetness
- sugar – we add a little extra sugar for some extra sweetness
You basically combine the ingredients together in a pot, and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Then puree, strain and add some fresh strawberry slices and you are done. With a recipe so easy, it is time to say good-bye to store-bought sauce!
How to Use Strawberry Sauce
You can pour this stuff all over any dessert and a lot of breakfast dishes, including:
So what are you waiting for? Vamp up your next dessert with a batch (or 2) of easy homemade strawberry sauce. And don’t worry if you have extra. You can easily store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Easy to make, 3-ingredient homemade strawberry sauce is the perfect topping for all your dessert dishes. Pour this over pancakes, waffles, crepes, cheesecakes and more!
- 2 cups (fresh or frozen) strawberries, halved
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small sauce pan, add the 2 cups of halved strawberries, orange juice, and sugar. Stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat and cook until the strawberries are syrupy, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender), puree strawberry mixture until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry sauce into a fine mesh strainer, and place the strainer over a bowl. Use the back of a spoon to push the sauce through the strainer and into the bowl. Once complete, discard the seeds that remain in the strainer.
- Add the fresh strawberry slices to the bowl of strawberry sauce and mix to combine. You can serve this warm and serve immediately, or refrigerate to cool down until ready to serve.
- You can store this strawberry sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.