Breakfast routine in need of a shake up? This triple berry french toast is just the thing you need! Warm slices of bread, creamy egg mixture, an overload of berries, and drizzled maple syrup on top. My mouth is already salivating...
So instead of slices of toast bread, pick up a French baguette. The texture is ideal for absorbing that delicious, creamy egg mixture. Unlike white bread or brioche, a baguette can hold up to the coating process.
Just let the slices sit for a few minutes per side before cooking. And once they’re on the griddle, don’t touch! If you want them to get that gorgeous brown colour, let them cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes before flipping. French toast perfection!
Top french toast with lots of fresh berries, which helps cut the sweetness of the maple syrup. And because there’s 2 cups of fruit, this should definitely be considered a healthy breakfast option! Grown ups and kids alike will go crazy for this one.
Breakfast routine in need of a shake up? This triple berry french toast with an overload of berries and maple syrup drizzled on top, is just what you need!
- 1 French demi baguette
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted, plus more for serving
- 2 cups mixed berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- maple syrup, for serving
- Slice baguette on the diagonal into slices that are about 1/2-inch thick.
- In a small container or mixing bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Lay slices of baguette in egg mixture and let sit for 2-3 minutes to soak it up, then flip and let sit another 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all bread is coated.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter, then add sliced bread and let cook undisturbed for 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining bread. Serve french toast topped with lots of fresh berries and a pat of butter. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.