Breakfast routine in need of a shake up? This triple berry french toast is just the thing you need! Warm slices of bread, creamy egg mixture, an overload of mixed berries, and maple syrup drizzled on top. It's total breakfast goals and the perfect way to start your day.
Why You'll Love Triple Berry French Toast
- Made with crusty French baguette. Instead of using slices of toast bread, this triple berry French toast is made with a crusty French baguette. The texture is ideal for absorbing that delicious, creamy egg mixture. And unlike white bread or brioche, a baguette can hold up to the coating process so well.
- Loaded with fresh berries. As the name suggests, this triple berry french toast is loaded with lots of fresh mixed berries. In fact, there is two cups of fruit. So, I think this should definitely be considered a healthy breakfast option! Grown ups and kids alike will go crazy for this one.
- Quick and easy. This recipe comes together in just 15 minutes, including prep, with a handful of ingredients. It's easy enough that you can whip it up on a busy morning, and fancy enough to serve it for Sunday brunch.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this delicious mixed berry french toast, you will need the following ingredients:
- demi French baguette
- heavy cream
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- mixed berries - feel free to use a combination of any berries that you have on hand -- raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or strawberries.
- maple syrup - for serving.
How to Make the Best Triple Berry French Toast
- Make egg mixture. In a small container or mixing bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Coat baguette slices. Lay slices of baguette in egg mixture and let sit for 2-3 minutes to soak it up, then flip and let sit another 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all bread is coated.
- Toast. Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter, then add sliced bread and let cook undisturbed for 3 minutes per side. Once they’re on the griddle, don’t touch! If you want them to get that gorgeous brown colour, let them cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes before flipping. French toast perfection! Repeat with remaining bread.
How to Serve Mixed Berry French Toast
To serve, top french toast with a pat of butter and lots of fresh berries, which helps cut the sweetness of the maple syrup. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.
More Breakfast Recipes
- The Best Old Fashioned Pancakes
- Spring Vegetable Frittata
- Glazed Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Poached Eggs with Roasted Asparagus
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait with Granola
- Homemade Everything Bagels
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.