Breakfast routine in need of a shake up? This triple berry french toast with an overload of berries and maple syrup drizzled on top, is just what you need!
- 1 French demi baguette
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted, plus more for serving
- 2 cups mixed berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- maple syrup, for serving
- Slice baguette on the diagonal into slices that are about 1/2-inch thick.
- In a small container or mixing bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Lay slices of baguette in egg mixture and let sit for 2-3 minutes to soak it up, then flip and let sit another 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all bread is coated.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter, then add sliced bread and let cook undisturbed for 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining bread. Serve french toast topped with lots of fresh berries and a pat of butter. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.