I don't know about you, but I am obsessed with anything and everything Nutella! One of my all time favourite ways to use this amazing chocolate hazelnut spread is in crepes. I don't think I have ever ordered a crepe at a cafe that didn't have Nutella... I mean, call me biased but why would you? So naturally my first crepe recipe that I am sharing on the blog has to to be easy Nutella crepes with berries.
These French-style Nutella crepes are light, thin, and oh so buttery. It is an easy to make blender recipe that will have you craving breakfast all day! Yes, you read that right, the batter is mixed together in the blender. Can it really get easier than that?
I paired these Nutella crepes with berries because chocolate + berries = heaven. This combination is pretty much made for each other. But if chocolate and berries are not your thing, then maybe chocolate and bananas are? Yup, you can easily substitute the berries for any other fruit and personally, bananas is one of my favourite alternates.
How to Make the Perfect Crepe
The key to making the perfect crepe is to:
- blend the ingredients - yes, that is right the best way to get that smooth batter is to blend the ingredients together in the blender
- pay close attention when cooking - this is probably seems like a no brainer but it is the most important step. Since crepes spread out so thin on the baking pan, you have act quick during the cooking process. You must be quick to pour and spread out (to ensure even cooking), and you must be quick to flip at the perfect time (once each side is a nice light golden brown colour, about 1-2 minutes).
These Nutella crepes with berries are here just in in time for Valentine's Day! I kind of indulge in these all year round... whether I am serving them for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. If I am feeling extra indulgent, I will even have this for a snack during the day.
Light, thin, and buttery Nutella crepes with berries is an easy to make blender recipe that will have you craving breakfast all day!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 tablespoon icing sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and eggs. Add in milk, water, butter and salt, and stir to combine. Pour the liquid batter in a blender. Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Lightly grease a non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter on the pan. Quickly tilt the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly on the surface of the pan. Cook crepe for 2 minutes, or until a light golden brown colour. Loosen with a spatula and flip over. Cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes, or until crepe is a golden brown colour.
- Slide the crepe out of the pan and onto a plate. Repeat above steps with remaining batter.
- For each crepe, spread berries on half of the crepe and drizzle with Nutella on top. Fold the crepe into quarters and drizzle extra Nutella on top. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
- Category: Dessert